Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Postal Sevice

Hi we are exploring people that help us as well as occupations, following the children's interest.

The children really enjoy activities using envelopes with mark making tools, so next week we are going to have the role play area as a post office, with stampers, forms to fill in, boxes of varying sizes with brown paper, wrapping paper, string, sellotape, masking tape.

The children can make their own letters, pictures and we can walk in small groups to the post box to send to their homes.

Any others ideas as my minds gone to mush would be great :rolleyes

Edited by bridger

Could you have some type of sorting system into shoe boxes or baskets? Our children like sending letters to each other as well as sending something home, and they sort them into the baskets to give out later, depending upon age, they could sort different sized envelopes instead as an activity. They have also designed their own stamps to use, they can draw as big as they like and I reduce the pictures on the photocopier to something like postage stamp size.

Apart from their stamps I also buy in 1p stamps from the post office for them to use on envelopes.

Must be something in the air!

This week we have written to the 'zoo' - as per the book......

Children have drawn a picture each of the 'pet' that they would like the zoo to send.......we will be walking to our PO one day next week......the children will be able to see the process of their letter being weighed, buy the stamps and post it in the box......

A few days later we will receive a letter from the zoo - it will explain how they made their choice.......we didn't send you - an elephant because it would be too big etc. etc. -delivered with the letter a pet carrier containing a (toy) puppy and a further explanation that the puppy will need to go home with each child in turn as it couldn't possibly be left at pre-school overnight! xD:o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)