Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Qualifications Shake Up

HappyMaz

What are we to make of reports that Montessori and Steiner qualifications are said to 'deemed invalid' once the new Level 3 qualification comes into force? You can read an article about it here.

I think they have a right to feel annoyed at the very least. There was a fair old battle to have their practices acknowleged alongside the EYFS wasnt there?

Is this the same as the NNEB situation a few years ago wher after a lot of worry for everyone involved the government will suddenly announce there is nothing to worry about?

It says the new qualification will replace existing qualifications, does that mean all qualifications? My DPP is 12 years old and I havent worked or updated training since 2009, will I be seen to be under qualified should I decide to go back to work? (I wont but its a question lots of people who are out of the job market might ask).

Edited by Rea

just what i was thinking Rea - does all seem a bit bizare . I can understand going on relevent current courses if none have been accessed for years but just saying they are invalid does sound harsh! :o

Completely agree........just awful to suddenly find that your qualification is no longer valid......or valued :o

Interesting too to read that their Ofsted results have been, on the whole 'good or outstanding', wonder what the justification is then?

i went through a 'no longer valid' thing with mine.. so had to redo NVQ 3 , all a bit of a farce really... I didn't learn anything new, or gain anything from it.. and ended up almost training some of the others on the course... having a tutor who sat and read from a book to 'train' us.

and if I returned to work I suspect that will be deemed unsuitable now...

I do feel providing all can show they are keeping up with changes and new ideas, doing some training, and keeping relevant that the original qualifications should be relevant.

So who/how is all the retraining going to be funded...

To be honest I wonder how long any of the qualifications will last! it seems things change so fast will the EYPS be valid for much longer and if yes for how much longer? it's really difficult to keep up when the goal post keeps getting moved!!!

Sorry, I'm a bit confused here. Not confused as to how a Valid qualification could no longer be deemed valid. sadly I am so long in the tooth that I have seen it before. Rather confused as to the article still talking about the CWDC. I thought that they had lost their little quango and were being disbanded. Have I got that wrong?

Also when exactly are we due to see the scope and detail of the EYFS review? Have no doubt that it will involve sweeping changes for all of us. Just call me a cynic...but I always expect bad news!

Also when exactly are we due to see the scope and detail of the EYFS review? Have no doubt that it will involve sweeping changes for all of us. Just call me a cynic...but I always expect bad news!

Always my complaint that one... nothing ever stayed long enough to get established before it changed again..

in 15 years I had about 5 or 6 inspections.. no two were under the same format, rules or regulations, between every one it changed...and that was mainly with one political party making the decisions for us...

and here they are doing it all again...

so glad to be out of it all now....

I'm also confused about CWDC. Their website was still up & running the other day.

Does everyone know that the National Strategies website closes on 31st March according to our advisors? So if there's anyhting you need to download it would be a good idea to do it.

I'm also confused about CWDC. Their website was still up & running the other day.

Does everyone know that the National Strategies website closes on 31st March according to our advisors? So if there's anyhting you need to download it would be a good idea to do it.

And Ofsted are still giving out information to say that practitioners need to hold a full and relevant qualification in accordance with the CWDC website.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)