Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Books With A Beat!

i have a group at the moment who love stories with a really good beat. but i'm looking for more titles. can you recommend any?

so far done things like

bear hunt

green eggs and ham

room on the broom

tanka tanka skunk

plus some others that i just cant think of ...but im sure you get the sort of idea. they particularly like the ones they can fill in the end rhyme to - like green eggs and ham

(i would not eat them in a box i would not eat them with a fox etc!)

not too complicated or too long (i have a lot with eal and additional needs)

Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What do you see?

Cow's in the Kitchen

Jim books- Need a Trim Jim, Pass the Jam Jim, Swim Jim. But I think with those, it's how you read them that determines the beat.

Not like that like this

The train ride

Little rabbit foo foo. This one is on u tube and can be sung.. the children used to love it.

duck in the truck (this caused hilarity in our setting as people read - one with a London accent and other with a Brum one.! )

This is the bear

still thinking...

Pass the jam jim

Edited by Inge

Lots of good books already mentioned........what about Pants! that's quite catchy and if you get the copy with a CD it is sung in various forms by Lenny Henry......it's great :o

ooh i havent seen that version of pants! little rabbit froo froo i have been doing for years at rainbows...only recently found it in book format! thanks for all the suggestions please do keep them coming i have a brilliant local librarian ...he may be getting a long list on monday!

yeah one of my previous jobs! had to give up a few years ago and now my group has folded xD i just didn't have the time to put in to the training and despite all my work with children i was being told i had to do it...such a shame and a very special resource lost in our area :(:o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)