Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Knock On The Door....

laura

Well I'm merrily letting in children, when this lady walks up - hello, I'm very sorry but I'm here to do your Ofsted Inspection!!! Hello says I - heart pounding 10 to the dozen!!!!!! We are 3 years and 2 weeks since last one so I wasn't really expecting it.

Obviously I can't say what we got but we are very VERY happy at the outcome for our packaway pre-school setting :) :) :)

Well I'm merrily letting in children, when this lady walks up - hello, I'm very sorry but I'm here to do your Ofsted Inspection!!! Hello says I - heart pounding 10 to the dozen!!!!!! We are 3 years and 2 weeks since last one so I wasn't really expecting it.

Obviously I can't say what we got but we are very VERY happy at the outcome for our packaway pre-school setting :) :) :)

Glad to hear you are happy and look forward to hearing the 'official' news!

All over in one day then? Last time for us they came back the following day.

Any tips on 'hot topics' :o

Woohoo! :o - glad to hear that you are ' VERY happy' - so how long was she with you?

She came in at 9 and was gone by 3-10! She was an excellent inspector who knew exactly what she was looking for, very down to earth, and she has said we need to get our own premises and take babies - which is my dream! She said she could imagine us on a farm with lots of animals and a wonderful natural learning environment - I liked her!

She hadn't read our SEF as her broadband was down - so I had to go through the hard copy. One of the most important things was our self improvement plan - what had we done since our last inspection and the impact on the children - and what we were going to do in the future - I excitedly told her I had ordered the Community playthings hollow blocks last night with our grant, and our new super duper lunch trolleys with trays - I think she could see I was very passionate about things lol! Obviously safe guarding, risk assessments and how we let children make and manage safe risks.

Phew - I wonder if I'll sleep tonight?