Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Form An Orderly Line ...

How overdue are you?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. How late is your Ofsted? Form an orderly queue ...

• 3 months or more
    • 6 months or more
    • 12 months or more
    • Over a year
    • I've given up the idea of ever seeing them (hallelujah!)

On Sunny's behalf, let's work out the order of this queue and see how slack Ofsted are being about doing their job.

We were due last May so 8 months over, not sure if I can vote in my own poll?

I had my suitable person interview (a good 9 months late) and had the same lady that did the last inspection in May 2007.

She said a} that OFSTED (Tribal et al), were in as much of a mess as the rest of the country (loved her, she was so indiscreet) and that b} we probably wouldn't be inspected until the school were, who haven't been inspected under the EYFS and who won't be for another 3 years as they got a 'good' on their last one!!!!!

Bit of a joke really. I personally like the idea as am not looking forward to my first inspection :o , on the other hand an 3 year old inspection means nothing now. We have a new board, manager and have started ASC. I'm confident we're all ok but would be 'nice' to have that confirmed, and if this is happenning across the country then alot of settings are slipping through the net.

Suzie - how clever are you!!! xD

So we were last inspected November 2007.........so really only 2 months overdue at the moment........it's the waiting that I don't like - I want to arrange training, but would really like the whole team to be in when inspected.......oh well

Can't believe that many of us haven't been inspected since the dawn of the EYFS :o

We were inspected in 2008 and then a year later in 2009, even though I had outstanding. The reason was because we were on a school site and they did the school and after school club at the same time. So I am hoping they will leave me alone for a bit now! :o

Hi

School club of which I am committee was last inspected April 2006!! So coming up for 5 yrs. Things is we are on school site and last time they came to school they didnt do us??!!

Nursery was done in May 2008 (but was supposed to be done within 6 months of registration as it was a new setting and so it came 7 months late!!)

But then we were done again in February 2009..... just 9 months later because registration had changed and we got inspected with the school...... even though we had got outstanding for our nursery education in the May inspection!!!!!

We actively want them to come, we have made so many changes for the better since the last report. If parents read that old one, they would expect a completely different setting.

Maybe we should change the terms of our registration (thinking about starting a forest school anyway) and that would trigger one!

I was due begining of Dec 2010 and I had the phone call last week .they re coming the week after next .

So they more or less on time here,though Im the only one around to be inspected in a while.

The 2 girls that were inspected the same time as me last time(dec 07) had their inspections a year early in dec 09!!!!

Okay can I claim a record here please?

Our last inspection was 22/01/2010 with "good" outcomes in all areas, yes that's right two thousand and ten.

Nothing mind blowing about that I hear you all say. ...but an inspector (Tribal) arrived today to do a full inspection, she did say she queried it when it came up but still came. So we are still "good" and likely to have some outstandings judging from the feedback. I am soooooooo annoyed because given the normal three years we may well have got to everything outstanding.

So the question is where do I fit on your survey?

Weird and, as you rightly say, not really very fair.... you'll have a report that shows a definite improvement but with extra time who knows what dizzy heights you may have reached?!

I can't even say "you can relax now, knowing you won't see them for 3 years" :o

Nona

Okay can I claim a record here please?

Our last inspection was 22/01/2010 with "good" outcomes in all areas, yes that's right two thousand and ten.

Nothing mind blowing about that I hear you all say. ...but an inspector (Tribal) arrived today to do a full inspection, she did say she queried it when it came up but still came. So we are still "good" and likely to have some outstandings judging from the feedback. I am soooooooo annoyed because given the normal three years we may well have got to everything outstanding.

So the question is where do I fit on your survey?

Well I never :o completely mad.......and what a waste of money xD

We had a 'pre Ofsted meeting' with our EYT yesterday, and she showed me her list of settings overdue.

About 85% of local settings have gone more than 3 years, some more than 5 years!

No wonder there are undetected child protection issues cropping up. I'm no big fan of external inspection where the person doesn't understand the context, so maybe this is a good moment to return to the old LEA based system. Our EYT have a very good idea of which settings need support and which are doing well.

...should have sent them in your direction Sunnyday, well if I knew which bit of Kent you are in I could have!!! Would you have liked that??

Oh that would have been just perfect! :o

We had a 'pre Ofsted meeting' with our EYT yesterday, and she showed me her list of settings overdue.

About 85% of local settings have gone more than 3 years, some more than 5 years!

No wonder there are undetected child protection issues cropping up. I'm no big fan of external inspection where the person doesn't understand the context, so maybe this is a good moment to return to the old LEA based system. Our EYT have a very good idea of which settings need support and which are doing well.

Oh you are so right Suzie! This was, in my humble opinion a much, much better system......