Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

There Are Some Wonderful People Out There!

sunnyday

Just a week before our Christmas Party - my 'Father Christmas' who is a dear friend to me, to the pre-school and to the whole village.....came to see me to say that he was going into hospital for some tests the day before our party - he added that he was sure that he wouldn't need to 'stay in' but that this was a slight possibility.......anyway he had, with great thought found me a 'replacement' Father Christmas should the worst come to the worst.......I was so grateful and the person that he had 'briefed' is another friend and I was very happy with his choice! xD

I was, as I'm sure you can imagine, deeply concerned about this hospital appointment that he was being so 'mysterious' and 'low key' about......

Long story, cut short - it had been thought that he might need a stent fitted - in reality he needed a triple heart bypass and was admitted straight away and promptly transported up to one of the London hospitals.......

Of course, I sent a card, I kept in touch with his progress through 'phone conversations with his wife, his daughter and his son-in-law......

Guess who came to see me this morning?!

After extricating himself from my huge hug :o he said "I'm so sorry that I had to let you down like that for your party" - oh my goodness - dear, dear man.........

Anyway, just thought that I would share that with you.......I was just thrilled to see him up and about and looking, all things considered, pretty well........

Glad he is well on the mend Sunnyday I think our Father Christmases take the role very seriously and feel very privileged to be asked along to do it. As an earlier poster has already said - you are indeed a good friend and will collect good friends around you.