Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Fsf Meet Up @ The Education Show 2011

beth1

10 FSF badges dispatched in tonight's post to you Maz....you now have the power to decide on the recipients.....use your power wisely.

Gosh Maz! Does that mean we really have to make a point of getting up and about in time to be there before 11am on Saturday? better not chat all Friday night then :o

Gosh Maz! Does that mean we really have to make a point of getting up and about in time to be there before 11am on Saturday? better not chat all Friday night then :o

Well I don't like the sound of that at all. Maybe we should just not go to bed?

We're still happy to send out a few directly (I think we've got about 10 left) if you wanted to be sure of one. Upsy Daisy, I didn't get your address via PM unless you sent it straight to Sue.

I think someone should post a group photo from the event so we get live coverage from 'our reporters on the ground'! :o

I think someone should post a group photo from the event so we get live coverage from 'our reporters on the ground'! smile.gif

I'll take them, that way I'm behind the camera. I have my chicken's name for a reason!!!! :o

Sorry guys, but I am the self nominated photo taker. Which also means you don't have to worry, I frequently miss heads out of them...

Otherwise, you will recognise me as Ill be in the black mac, sunglasses and newspaper...ooh and hat!

OK, but I can feel a good competition coming up. Take a big group photo and we have to guess who everyone is (no-one in the photo is allowed to take part)?

I personally think you should flash mob the education show. At a signal you could all stand up and start singing "I'm a dingle-dangle scarecrow" and keep going until everyone there has joined in.

mundia's dislike of having her photo taken is legendary! I imagine she'll want to be cheering us on from the sidelines. I like the idea of a competition - but will we need some kind of twist to make it more difficult... given that we've said in this thread who will be attending? Thinking caps on, I think. Maybe a photo competition, with each member slightly obscured. Of course, some of us are more obscure than others! :o

We could all turn our backs to the camera, that way mundia can join in the fun.

We could all wear a red nose.

And dont forget to remove any name badges!!

Or it could be a competition knowing the answers but having to get them all in the right order.

We could put my friend in too, a red herring!

Edited by Rea

OK, a quick look at who's registered to go gives us...(in no oarticular ordre)

Maz, Upsy Daisy, Nona, Mundia, Mrsblazer, Shirel, Beth, Sienna, Chicken Licken, Louihw and me.

Dont forget a small wheeled recepticule for all the freebies and purchases. :o

The church have just given us £121 as a donation, so spend, spend, spend!!!

Edited by Rea

Well we could always arrange a tea time meet too! :o

I'm also working on a 'spot me if you can' wheeze for during the show. You know, going up to a random stranger and saying "I think you're HappyMaz and I claim my FSF badge..." xD

Just a thought if I came down via the train. What time would be finishing? Just to give me an idea on train times.

I think I have managed to knock the tracking out on my car, stupid van drivers trying to drive into me! gah No time to fix it the now.

Oppps that wasnt a good idea to mention the show at uni today. a few fellow student and a couple of tutors have told me to get on a train and get down there! xD The students wish they had know about it eailer, good for CPD apparently! :(

Athought the trains a just as fun, depending on how many trains you want to change. Go from the next town, its 2 trains, va manchester then a direct train and not get there until 11.30am. Or leave my town and get 3 trains and be ontime. :( Plus on the train I can do uni work errrrm *runs in the other direction* as in do my 3 book reviews, personal statement. No thanks.

Might have another look at the trains again, just for fun of it. :o