Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Mr Ppp Ate My Coursework....

Teeheee

I shall be popping into and posting on the Out of School Clubs sub forum soon. Yesterday I was offered a job at a nearby after school club. Quite looking forward to being with older children and their friendly banter. I had mentioned a couple of weeks ago that I had been offered a job but I didn't take it as it didn't feel right. This one however, did!

I then have my mornings to focus on my newly learnt skill (something I mentioned some months ago). I am working towards a City and Guilds qualification in........................... drum roll...................... Confectionery! I'm really enjoying it and adding another string to my bow! Mr ppp has thoroughly enjoyed eating my coursework. I don't have a sweet tooth (except for doughnuts!) but I do enjoy creating something which others can enjoy!

:o

Congratulations PPP, the last cake I made was very dubiously tatsed and then with a look of agreement from everyone, I dropped it into the bin, to a gasps and giggles at the noise it made when it landed. :o:(

You have my admiration xD

congrats ppp, glad to hear you sounding much happier. Confectionary course sounds delicious! :o

I bought a fantastic Christmas book from Oxfam book shop for a fiver on Saturday and it has all sorts of recipes including some for homemade fudge, chocolate truffles and peppermint sticks to name but a few- I have a big sweet tooth so will be having lots of 'practice' sessions xD if you have any tips (as can't say I've tried to make confectionary before-I'm better at savouries than sweets really) please feel free to share!

• 2 weeks later...

Back to job seeking

Job was advertised

I was interviewed

I was offered the job

I accepted it

I started the job

Now told there is no longer a job as person I was taking over doesn't want to leave

So as you can imagine, I'm a bit upset. I was really happy about that job. It has been a huge mental struggle to get back into work.

Back to job seeking

Job was advertised

I was interviewed

I was offered the job

I accepted it

I started the job

Now told there is no longer a job as person I was taking over doesn't want to leave

So as you can imagine, I'm a bit upset. I was really happy about that job. It has been a huge mental struggle to get back into work.

Oh PPP!! :o

I can only imagine how you must feel after you've been so brave and found a new job!!

I'm not actually sure that this is legal.... if you've been appointed, started and have a contract can they withdraw it because the other person has changed their mind?!

Think you need to make a few calls to find out where you stand - I seem to remember someone posting on here a few months back about having been the employer in this situation. Hopefully they'll be along soon with wise words....

In the meantime have a nice cup of tea and a piece of your homework to cheer you up!

Nona x

Back to job seeking

Job was advertised

I was interviewed

I was offered the job

I accepted it

I started the job

Oh no - that's such rotten luck - have to agree with nona - not sure that is legal - however, do you want to work there if that's how they behave :o

Take care - something much better will probably come along soon - hope so.......

What a shame. I was just about to write well done - you must be hot stuff if you're managing to get job offers in the current climate so I'm sure you'll get something even better!

I certainly wish you all the very best in pushing forwards. Just thought that if they've handed in their notice once......?

Best of luck - watch out Mr PPP, Santa's elves are around and they'd like Mrs PPP's yummy goods too!!

Spiral x

I have nothing in writing

I'm not sure of this but I think either side can terminate the contract within the probationary period.

I'm so sorry that this has happened, PPP - do they know what they're missing out on I wonder?

Chin up. You've done it once and so I'm sure you'll find the right job opportunity. You have so many skills and such knowledge to offer that someone will snap you up. It must be heartbreaking to have this happen at this stage, what with everything you've been through. Try not to lose heart.

Take care

Mx