Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Wellies

sunnyday

Hope this is not as 'old as the hills' :( I hadn't come across before it and it made me chuckle :o so thought I would share!

'Did you hear about the pre-school teacher who was helping to get children ready for outdoor play, a little boy asked for help to put on his wellie boots.....and she could see why.....

Even with her pulling and him pushing, the little wellies still didn't want to go on......by the time they finally got the second wellie on she had worked up a sweat.......

So she almost cried when the little boy said - "Miss, they're on the wrong feet"

She looked and sure enough, they were.....

It wasn't any easier pulling the wellies off than it was putting them on........she managed to keep her cool as together they worked to get the wellies back on, this time on the right feet......

He then announced "These aren't my wellies"!

Once again, she struggled to help him pull the ill-fitting wellies off his little feet.......no sooner had she got the wellies off when he said "They're my brothers, my mum made me wear them"

Now she didn't know whether to laugh or cry.......but she mustered up what grace and courage she had left to wrestle the wellies on his feet again.......

Helping him into his coat, she asked "Now where are your gloves?"......

He said "oh, I stuffed them in the toes of my wellies"

xD:( :( Strike a chord anyone?

:o

Haha, yes, been there but usually socks. Although gloves hidden in hats is often the case! You look at a child with an elongated (sp?) head and wonder what's different today!

Does anyone still attach the gloves to a cord round the neck and up down the sleeves? Or is it considered a risk these days?

We have two children with these! was just thinking the other day that I'd not seen them for a biit

Does anyone still attach the gloves to a cord round the neck and up down the sleeves? Or is it considered a risk these days?

A parent told me today she had asked for these in Mothercare and had been told they had been banned for health and safety reasons. This mummy had made her own and wondered if we'd 'tell her off' for doing it. At first I couldn't work out what the risk was - after all the string or wool goes inside the coat doesn't it?

Having thought about it a bit more I suppose the only risk would be if the wool wasn't long enough so that if the child fell over they wouldn't be able to put out their hands to save themselves. Wonder how many 'gloves-strung-together-with-wool-related-accidents" happen every year? xD

Oh and yes, the mitten in the welly boot happened to me today - campbells said to the little boy concerned "I think you'll be on the Forum later!"... :o