Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Bye Facebook!

Hi if I was a friend on FB with you I just wanted to say I have gone! No Offence to you I just found it all a bit intrusive at the mo...I am on MSN anyone want to chat let me know...

I think I was wasting too much time when I had logged off thinking about other peoples lives....I need to concentrate on my life and my friends....it is a bit of a wrench but I will email people - its my family (sisters and brothers) that really get to me on there - I find myself judging their actions, photos, status's when actually I don't want to know what kind of parent they are as long as I am sure I am doing my best for my children, other peoples lives are there own business....I can support them if they want it...but sometimes it is all a bit tooo much information.....

Totally understand. I left FB a bout 2 yrs ago after being on there for only 18 months. I do not miss it at all! I found it intrusive and false and found myself readings things about my cousins that I really didn't want to know.

ppp

Nor me - have seen the damage it can cause to others , and how intrusive and addictive it can be , so tend to stick to places like this and MSN where I can decide how much or how little I participate.

Facebook and sites like it have caused so many problems and can be really misused, and at times can be downright dangerous. :o

I know what you mean - I'm tempted to 'drop off' myself - or at least change my name and re-enrol without the folk I don't really want to read about!

If you don't want to block people outright you could always just remove them from your news feed. I never add people on facebook without being invited to, and think carefully about whether to accept a friend request. I like facebook because I'm so lousy at keeping in touch with people in the real world - fb provides an easy forum for keeping in touch with what everyone's doing (and I can send someone a message at 2am when the mood takes me!).

I'll miss you shirel! :o

Maz

Im afraid Ive never 'got' facebook in the first place!

I'll second that! :o

Also get really fed up with my young nieces - at family events they are 'snapping' away and I know it's all going to end up on facebook........I find it incredible that photos can be posted without the subject's permission xD

LOL - no offence taken Shirel x :o I think the thing is that it's not everyone's cup of tea and I think has potential to cause a lot of bad feeling/ upset. I do find it useful though because I have lived away from my family and childhood friends for many years and my husbands family are not particularly large or close. I find for me that FB is a good way of keeping in touch and having a sense of still being part of their lives when I can only realistically visit them once a year at most. If all my friends and family lived round the corner (or even a short drive away!) I probably would be less inclined to bother with it. It probably doesn't help that I am developing a Farmville addiction! ( Although one of the things I really hate about Facebook is the way the Farmville etc notifications fill the news feed! lol)

I am not a facebook fan either. I originally joined when two of my sons were away, one in australia and one in new zealand. They were away for a year and they uploaded photos and videos. I am really a billy no mates in terms of how many friends and thought about deleting my account for various reasons, Now my son has got nomadic urges again and is back to Oz :o so i guess i will keep FB for a while.

For keeping in touch 'electronically' i prefer good old email or msn