Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Sector Endorsed Foundation Degree In Early Years

Hello

I am starting the Foundation Degree in October at Warwick University. I would love some advice on how to get prepared. I have not been given anything yet from the University apart from my enrolment number.

What research could I do now to help ease the work load ahead. I have already read through some of the topics and already purchased some of the books from ebay/amazon. What other items would you recommend buying.

I hope you can help.

AM :o

Welcome to the Forum, annemarie and congratulations on reading your first post and on being accepted for the Foundation Degree!

I wouldn't recommend that you do anything very much at all - enjoy the last few weeks of study free time and spend as much time with family and friends as possible. Once you start studying it is all too easy to let your social life slip somewhat under the weight of advancing assignment deadlines!

I would wait for the recommended book list before you invest too much money in books, and see what the uni library has to offer. I have bought so many books in my time that are now languishing on my bookshelves and I can honestly say I never look at them.

Other than that, spending a bit of time on here is a good way of keeping abreast of what is going on! :o

Maz

Absolutely! Get as many of those 'round tuits' done or they'll nag at you once you start studying! It's amazing how appealing a full ironing basket is when there's a deadline for an assignment!

Echo all of the above - take this opportunity to get yourself straight and get done any little jobs that are hanging around. Would also suggest read some good trashy novels - they could be the last one's you read for 3 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :oxD

Hi annemarie and welcome,

I too am starting the foundation degree at Huddersfield in a few weeks time and I couldn't wait to get stuck in either! I have started reading a study skills book which was one of the few books we have been recommended so far, but I am also getting my house in order! :o

I echo all of the above comments. I've just finished my degree after 4 years part-time study, everything does take a back seat. I am now however loving the fact that I can read books that have nothing to do with child development, finance, corporate social responsibility and how to write a dissertation!!!

Good luck and enjoy!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Maz

I'm doing it with Canterbury Christ Church at the Chatham Campus. I feel very lucky as I am being funded by our LA otherwise I wouldn't have been able to afford it, but it means I lose an evening each week; two hours to get there and back and three hours for the sessions over the next three years.

BMG

Edited by BMG

Good luck to everyone starting their F.Degree in Early Years. I start mine next week in Sussex and so looking forward to it!

My third Judy Picot book finished and all those extra jobs around the house done! Big Bro over so ready to GO!

dottyp :o

• 3 weeks later...

Well this is it.......

I have been in to University to fully enrol on the course. I have my little student NUS card and my timetable for the 1st year....I must be mad!!! 2 nights a week for the 1st 10 weeks and 2 seperate modules. Start 1st lecture on Monday 4/10/10.

Wish me luck :o

Well this is it.......

I have been in to University to fully enrol on the course. I have my little student NUS card and my timetable for the 1st year....I must be mad!!! 2 nights a week for the 1st 10 weeks and 2 seperate modules. Start 1st lecture on Monday 4/10/10.

Wish me luck :o

HAHA NUS card has made my month I have been to all the shops and got all my winter wardrobe 20% off LOL atleast i will look good when i'm chasing my deadlines :-)

How are you all finding it?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)