Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Pedagogs Eyfs Pack

Does anyone use the pedagogs packs? If so are they worth the money?

I really want to try and cut down on the amount of time spent writing up 'the obvious' (if you get my meaning) I was going to make up my own stickers during the hols - but as this would take forever and would be unpaid so I'm looking at other options.

At £55 for a set of 30 at first it seems a bit steep- but then again it's only under £2 per child.

Just wondered if anyone uses them or are they just gimmicky?

We would still do termly long obs etc, but I'm thinking the stickers could give a bit of standardisation to our learning journeys - but then again could become a form of checklists!!!

We have lots of children that only do two-three sessions a week so want something quick and easy to update!

xx

I'm having a serious case of deja vu here - I'm sure there was another very similar post a while ago. I can't comment because I don't know exactly what you're talking about (we don't use stickers of any kind and so the Pedagogs site isn't one I look at very often!). Have you tried a forum search?

Maz

I'll do a search ..........and then find out it was me asking the same question this time last year!!!!

We don't uses 'stickers' as such either, but these are more tracking stickers to go inside LJs. I was just reading about them in this months Nursery Education (kind of advert feature).

I'm trying to find a simple method that keeps all our LJs looking similar or at least a bit more uniform!!!!

We have scrapbooks in which we put lots of photos, some staff spend ages writing up the obvious, some staff do repeated photo overload, and some need a lot of reminding to take even one.

Whilst I hate checklists I want to create a method that make sure all areas are covered equally etc.

Do you mean these?

The website isn't very forthcoming, but I wonder how many of each of the development matter statements you get in a pack? Whilst I'm not a fan of collecting masses and masses of evidence, it is unlikely that one piece of 'work' will provide enough evidence to 'tick off' that particular development matters statement.

That said, I do like the idea that a practitioner can just select a sticker to annotate learning journeys etc instead of having to write out information by hand. Most of our pages are done on the computer so it isn't so much of a drag, but if you have to annotate by hand it can be very time consuming.

I'd like to have one of these sets in my hand to see what it is like in the flesh - shame they don't do a sample service where perhaps you could buy just one to look at rather than committing yourself to the whole £50-odd pounds straight away.

It does say they are intended for Reception, and my main criticism would be (always supposing my assumptions are correct, which is always a dangerous thing) that they are not unique to your setting. I like our speciaL books because they are 'ours' if you know what I mean.

Will be very interested to hear if anyone is using them in a pre-school setting and if so what they think!

Maz

Do you mean these?

Maz

Yes those are the ones.... but you can't really get a good look a the actual content which makes me sceptical!

I did do a search- pheww.........it wasn't me that started it - but I have made the same comment on it and it was only in July!!

I did do a search- pheww.........it wasn't me that started it - but I have made the same comment on it and it was only in July!!

Oh my! I'm not sure what to say about that! :o

Hopefully someone will be using them and can comment. In the meantime, perhaps it is worth emailing them and asking if they can send you some kind of sample? Maybe they could send you a photocopy or something?

Maz

If they are based on the profile statements that would explain why they are aimed at reception then.

Ah yes - now I look again at the website I can see there are nine stickers under each heading... doh!

Maz

I have them and they are fab!!!! There are stickers for cross referencing but we don't use them; in the childrens learning journeys we number stickers, observations, parent voice, child voice etc and those numbers are logged on the sheet under the appropriate goals that means if a child achieves 5 goals in their observation we can cross reference but simply writing the number of the piece of evidence - the goals on the sheet are written as ' I need to......' once enough evidence has been gathered we stick the sticker on the sheet which says 'i can .......'. The parents love them it's made our life so much easier. I will say though, don't order them directly from pedagogs as they send from japan and the delivery on the pack is about 22 pounds - we googled them from an English company and they sent them the next day. We also have their Eyfs teachers stamps - would recommend them too!!

I will say though, don't order them directly from pedagogs as they send from japan and the delivery on the pack is about 22 pounds - we googled them from an English company and they sent them the next day. We also have their Eyfs teachers stamps - would recommend them too!!

wow........ £22 postage! I didn't even get that part..

What age group do you work with nickynooblue?

I'm in pre-school so now thinking they may not be suitable.

wow........ £22 postage! I didn't even get that part..

What age group do you work with nickynooblue?

I'm in pre-school so now thinking they may not be suitable.

I've bought lots of things from the Pedagogs over the years and have never been charged anywhere near that amount postage

and have been pleasantly surprised how quickly they arrive from Hong Kong

Just had a look at my last invoice £8.25 on £60 worth of resources

The EYFS stickers are intended for reception classes so unless you complete the profile they won't be of any use

Edited by Marion

Thanks for that Marion

It was the statement -

'This is an investment product for every child working through the EYFS'

that caught my eye - but even when I enlarge the image I couldn't read the stickers!!

I was hoping it would cover the younger age bands too............but if its more geared for the Profile I think I'll give them a miss.

Also thank-you to nickynooblue for the offer of sharing- that was very kind xxx

The stickers only cover the 9 profile statements for each strand so really wouldn't be useful for you

Unless you have children in their profile year. However you'd have to change from whatever system you had used up until that point, so it does seem a bit of a wasted effort.

Back to the drawing board, eh louby loo? :o

Maz

Sorry they are only geared towards the Reception class, which is a shame because I have found them really helpful. I really hope you find something similar - Smiley PR we did get them from Primary Resources and I think our postage may have been so expensive from Hong Kong as we were ordering £300 pounds worth of stuff so if you chose to order them directly from Pedagogs as Marion mentioned it may not work out that much.

Regards

Nicky

I know they wouldn't be as pretty but perhaps you could make your own stickers appropriate for pre-school children using sheets of blank ones and printing them off? Tesco sell sheets of address labels which I've used in the past for various things but I'm sure you could get other sizes and amounts from other places. They come with instructions for downloading and using the templates for Microsoft Word that allow you to just type into each box and then press print. No fiddling about trying to get things lined up on the stickers!

I know they wouldn't be as pretty but perhaps you could make your own stickers appropriate for pre-school children using sheets of blank ones and printing them off? Tesco sell sheets of address labels which I've used in the past for various things but I'm sure you could get other sizes and amounts from other places. They come with instructions for downloading and using the templates for Microsoft Word that allow you to just type into each box and then press print. No fiddling about trying to get things lined up on the stickers!

Yes that was 'Plan A', I've even set the template up, but was hoping to save time and as you very rightly pointed out - to have something pretty too!

xxx

I guess if you had a coloured printer they could look pretty and I've seen someone at work make stickers with little pictures on each one as well, though I'm not sure I'd have the patience! It'd cost a fortune in ink as well I'm guessing!

Thanks for sharing :( ........but.......won't open for me :wacko:

............ but it opened for me! :oxD:( (but not on my old (work) lappy :( )

Thanks for sharing.......... and I can see you really did spend days typing it up!!!!

xxxxxxxxxx

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)