Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Full Moon

sunnyday

I have been slowly working my way through info. for my new Key Children...........

In answer to - Are there any important celebrations, festivals or events that you share as a family?

'Xmas, birthdays, full moons'

I'm a bit stumped by this.......am I being incredibly dense (feel free to say yes! :o )

How do you celebrate 'full moons'?

I know that I can just politely ask this mum......but wondered if anyone could enlighten me xD

On another note - In answer to 'Things my child can do for himself'

'Toilet - if allowed to urinate outside' :( does she mean that he only 'wees' outside - surely not........

WHAT!!!!!!!!! hahahaha you made me smile there.

That reminds me of something Maz said once about one of my parent forms which asked 'Position in family?'

But full moons, that's a bit bizarre

not sure if \i should say this, but it really made me laugh the last comment about urinating...

I too would take it that he wees outside.. novel if nothing else.. better watch when outside playing..

we had one who did just that when outdoors dropped his trousers and wee'd .. should have seen the faces the first time he did it.. no warning, nothing from parents.. in his case it was a cultural thing, this is what they allowed at home. took a while to train him not to do it!

as to celebrating the full moon, not something I am able to help with..

Is this the same child? any religion given which may help?

Inge

New moon celebrations

New moon

Googled it as it had me intrigued... I though it may be a pagan celebration,which is mentioned( as it witchcraft) but seems it is also a Christian celebration.. and on thinking about it the Christian calender is based on moon cycles..Easter being the one which immediately springs to mind, as one which moves because of the moon cycles..

many religious calenders are around the moon cycles,Jewish and Hindu being two which I can think of.

so perhaps new moon would be the celebration rather than full moon.

Inge

Edited by Inge

I think that I might email her .....say thank you for returning paperwork.........and ask about the full moon thing.........worded 'properly' of course.......don't think I want to ask face-to-face.........just in case she comes up with something completely 'bizarre' - I know my face will give me away! :o

As for the outdoor 'wees'....hmmmm..........

As someone from the C or E this is news to me other than the Moon is of course a huge presence and influence on our planet, and in our lives wherever we may live. It obviously influences different beliefs and religions.

I think I'd take the Dad'sDayOff site with a bit of caution after looking at some of the other stuff on there. :o

Just wondering if she means by outdoor ....when away from home! Best of luck with this one.

Intrigued too it appears after googling that it is a Paschal moon and i would defintely suggest you talk to the parents/carers, especially if this may have any impact on the child in your care. We all learn something new everyday. :o

Thanks bridger - just had a look at that......

She might just mean that he goes a bit 'loopy' on full moons and she might have been trying to be funny! I guess we'll find out soon - Sunnyday you MUST tell us what she says!

Promise I will! :o

There is a little part of me that's saying.........oh why do I get them all........do you remember my 'Indigo child' of a couple of years ago? xD

I am pretty open minded though and always interested in others beliefs/ideas......

oh sunnyday what was your indigo child you do get them don't you.

I have to whisper this (otherwise Cait will 'murder' me!).........can't do a link.......but if interested do a forum search - it comes up if you put in 'Indigo Child'

A number of religions recognizes the different moons, and some calenders are lunar calenders (for example this is why Easter and Eid are celebrated on different days each year). Wiccan also follow the phases of the moon and hold celebrations at each full moon.

Although I don't celebrate all the moons, I do know what moon phase we are in at any one time, (mainly because I'm a lunar gardener). Having said that there is s very special one coming up towards the end of the year, which I probably will celebrate!

Im sure your parents will be able and willing to explain what she celebrates, and if you want to know more, then Im sure they will tell you.

Thanks mundia.........I thought about you when I started this topic........remembered reading about your 'Lunar gardening' .....it's all very interesting.....and I am happy and comfortable to ask her about it....just thought someone else may have come across this before.......always good, I think, to show that you have 'some idea'........

I have to whisper this (otherwise Cait will 'murder' me!).........can't do a link.......but if interested do a forum search - it comes up if you put in 'Indigo Child'

sigh

here

Edited by Cait

:o

I think it is important to point out that there are no Christian festivals which celebrate the moon. Perhaps she put C of E as lots of people do that as a default.

Sorry, yes, absolutely and I hope I haven't misled anyone - I didn't mean to imply any connection between the two.....I was just answering Inge's query about religion........

She might just mean that he goes a bit 'loopy' on full moons and she might have been trying to be funny! I guess we'll find out soon - Sunnyday you MUST tell us what she says!

Couldn't let you think I'd missed this one..Loopy = Lupine = wolf-like..... full moon! :o