Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Away For 2 Weeks........

dublinbay

Was I in the wrong house last night?? I had to entertain those Navy guys all on my ownsome waiting for you lot to show up. Mind you, I did hear lots of noise on the roof.....was that you Geraldine?

Cait very kindly left a well-stocked drinks cabinet but those boys have been at sea for 6 months and were all rather thirsty........they drank the lot!! Can you pick up another barrel or two of cider Inge? Thanks.

Was I in the wrong house last night?? I had to entertain those Navy guys all on my ownsome waiting for you lot to show up. Mind you, I did hear lots of noise on the roof.....was that you Geraldine?

Too right it was me making the noise on the roof :( - I heard (no one could not hear!) the goings on with you and those navy fellows :oxD and I was attempting to come and join you when I got in a bit of a muddle. My gentle jump from the roof ended in disaster before I really jumped - of course that is not my fault, have you ever seen a chimney in such a silly place :(

I am devastated that my cries for help, my pleas to come and join you and the boys were merely dismissed as 'noise on the roof' :( :wacko:

I will happily bring another barrel or two.. good value direct from the supplier... and always a lovely brew from them... just need the barrels back at the end for the deposit refund...

Sorry I am a bit late in joining, had a wedding to go to..... which had you been writing a script for a soap opera would not have been out of place.( bride and groom with best man all ended up in supermarket before coming to the reception!). but that is another story..

are those Navy men in uniform.. ? look forward to meeting them all...

parachute is safely stowed.. now just have to negotiate getting out of here.. motorway is always like a car park in holiday season.. will be using the lanes for a while to avoid it I think...

no room for the dingy, but have wellies..

Inge

have you ever seen a chimney in such a silly place :o

As long as it's put back properly before Cait returns!!!!!

Sorry your cries for help went unheard Geraldine......the film 'An Officer and a Gentleman' was on continuous loop and the volume must have been a bit high. The Navy boys (yes Inge.....all in uniform) got emotional at the sad bits.......it was all I could do to pass the tissues around!! xD

Yuck, yuck and more yuck .. any chinese takeaways nearby??

It takes all sorts Geraldine - I love pizza but love chinese too. I'd like a kung po chicken please - and can you ask if they'll do a special fried rice without prawns? Thank you. What wine shall I bring?

Maz

Ok I'm home. I see the glass recycle bin is full of bottles so you must have had a good time. Thanks for vacuuming around - I'd forgotten what colour the hall carpet was! Has there been a small flood in the kitchen, seems a tad moist in there. Thanks for looking after the fish, they look very well fed - but does anyone know why they are hiding at the back of the tank - a bit wide-eyed?

Oh, and I prefer the chimney there by the way!

Good to be back - looks like plenty of reading to catch up on!

Sunnyday has a lot to answer for

Do not believe her Cait........you know what she's like! :o

I will take responsibility for your nicely vacuumed carpets but that's all - wet floor, wide eyed fish, re-site of chimney - nope - not me! xD

So wonder who is away next and willing to turn their house over to us! :(

Having enjoyed my week with the Navy ( hence being a bit quiet during the week :o ) I could offer a long weekend at beginning of Sept.. trouble is you will all be so busy with the new term.

You would enjoy it down here.. and probably spend more time out and about - not sure the new Grand Pier will be ready by then.. pity it will be really worth a visit if it is...

Inge

• 2 weeks later...