Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Has Quality & Access Been Withdrawn?

I am absolutely gutted - we have been working on re-vamping our outdoor play area for 18months - we were turned down once and had finally got everything right. We submitted our final application about 3 weeks ago - thought everything was fine, and have found out today that the government have withdrawn funding as of yesterday. I feel robbed! Its not the months of work that realy hurts but the fact that the kids have been looking forward to it as well and the financial mess that the world is in is not down to the kids but it is those who are suffering. :o

I've been listening to people on the news who are in the same situation, its sad when so much work has been put into something but probably unavoidable at the moment. Could parents or the local community helpout? Go to your local newspaper and see if people come forward.

Try B&Q, they have a coomunity giving charitble service, where they will lend staff and donate materials to help make things happen.We couldn't get it because we're not a charity.............and try your local co-op store too, they also have money for local causes.It's always worth trying local builder's merchants ( Jewson,Travis perkins, Weekes) etc, as they might each give a little something towards your project. And don't forget Parish councils, they always have a fund for local groups.........................plus local pubs, they will sometimes get thier regulars together for fund-raising for a particular project, or lend some muscle to do the work! Good luck xx

We had letters yesterday to say it had not been with dranwn but rather 'frozen' until September and the Goverment's intentions become clearer. Whatever that means.

Shame but as with so many things at the moment we are all having to tighten our belts. It's something that the private sector (i mean business rather then chiildcare) has been doing for a while now and it's a shame 'A' government didn't think to do it earlier, maybe the country wouldn't be in such a mess financially now. I feel for the contractors and business that will now suffer. We can all live without outdoor areas and schools can manage without big new builds and projects, yes it's a shame but we'll manage. But it's the companies that have tendered and are expecting work for the next however long or big the job, that concerns me more.

i really feel for you, have been working for 2 years now gaining the capital grant, applying for planning permission, etc etc and yesturday grant withdrawn!

thank you mr governemnt

Hi cybertwin so sorry to hear of your disappointing news, had you already had it passed or were you still in the process of putting it all together for your bid/grant application?

Like others have said there is money still out there, BQ, offer materials and helpers, or have you a cleanaway company, they are good for supporting good causes. If you go on your local county council website look out for all the grants available big and small, Good luck and hoping you will be sucessful soon. :oxD:(

Like B & Q the Co-op also have community challenges, so if you are near one I'd call in and chat with the store manager or check it out on the internet.

Gutted for you but good luck!