Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ah Well

What a horrible way to treat you PPP.

I hope you've had a chance to say goodbye to the children.

I hope we'll see lots of you on here still. you have so much knowledge and experience to share.

Now sit back and enjoy the fact that all you have to plan for is a house move.

Thanks all!

No, I haven't said goodbye to the children. If I did, the committee would be there watching over me.

Well, I've heard that they've replaced me from within! To someone only just qualified to level 3 - what a shock they're going to have! Letters went out to parents today! They didn't hang about.

I'll be able to breathe a sigh of relief when I've found a box big enough to put all the folders in!

I received an email today from a sadden villager saying "Playgroup will be minus a very dedicated leader". That was nice to hear.

Onwards and upwards!

ppp

Onwards and upwards!

That's the spirit - and how lovely to get a supportive email. I'll bet they aren't the only ones expressing that sentiment.

Find that box quickly and get it all out of your house. How is your deputy feeling?

Maz

She was happy and content today and fine with the new decision.

You just don't know who to trust!

Well..... you band of merry folk are kind of trustworthy :o

Edited by Guest

Wishing you all the very best PPP from one who has been there. Hold your head up high and remember you will be held in the highest regard by the people (big and small) who count the most.

Those with small minds such as your committee will tread a narrow road whereas you are now free to take a broader path - enjoy the future and now that the shackles have been removed you can fly.

She was happy and content today and fine with the new decision.

You just don't know who to trust!

:o What's that saying about keeping your friends close and your enemies closer...............

Wonder how happy she'll be when she finds herself in your shoes at some point in the future???

You are BEST OUT OF IT!

Nona

Hi peachy positive person my new name for you, looks like a great [not] conniving bunch you've left behind and i think your much better than that, i am still intrigued though did your deputy go too?. Now keep strong make sure you stay on here and keep us posted how your getting along. Big big hugs x.

Now could be a good time to update your CV too. As you load the boxes to pass over you might be quite surprised at just how much you've been doing and how many skills outside of those you trained for you have under your belt. Keeping your cool under pressure and being decisive might be good ones to start with. Try not to dwell on the lack of support or the two facedness of people and enjoy your extended holiday :o

I've been following this and I just wanted to say take care. As others have said "what goes around, comes around". You are better off out of it - concentrate on how much less there will be to pack and move now you won't have half a playschool to take with you, literally and figuratively! It hurts us to feel we can be replaced so easily but ultimately they won't replace your commitment and enthusiasm, not to mention your knowledge and skills, as easily. Enjoy your summer without SEFs and Ofsted hanging over you x.

Couldn't read and run, cannot believe how awful they have treated you but as everyone else is saying it seems best that you do not have to put up with it all any more. I hope you continue in early years, you are so knowledgeable and always offer great advice and support on here.

As one door closes another one opens- you never know what the future holds so stay positive and good luck with the move, sure you'll enjoy your holidays!

PPP, like everyone else I've been reading this absolutely aghast at how badly you've been treated. I suspect you're feeling like a huge weight has been lifted off your shoulders this morning! Have a well earned rest over the holidays and see what takes your fancy, you will find the perfect opportunity for you whether it's in Early Years or elsewhere. Although I must agree, I think you have plenty of knowledge and experience to be able to set up and run a wonderful nursery of your own!

Best of luck in whatever you do, PPP, I hope the house move goes well. :o

Rosey x

Thank you for you lovely messages. I'm feeling really lost today :o keep looking at the clock and thinking 'it's outside play now', 'it's home time now'. It's all coming out now as I've had to notify organisations that I'm no longer a contact, stepping down from village committees and telling my friends at the local school why they won't see me any more. All say I've been treated so badly but sadly there's nothing I can do. The one staff member who said nasty things about me is now my replacement. I fear for the children and the parents!

I'm handing back all the folders etc tomorrow, then I can spring clean my house and Mr ppp can have his bookshelf back!

So far there is: one crate full, 2 large jute bags full, 3 boxes, 2 carrier bags, a USB and a box of CD's.

:(

They've only asked me for my uniform and keys xD

My neice's birthday today, I've made a Zingzillas birthday card, and seeing her later for a little family party. At the moment I am designing an Ikea wardrobe online! It's harder than I thought!

Have a good day, all. It means a lot that I can have a moan here!

ppp

So far there is: one crate full, 2 large jute bags full, 3 boxes, 2 carrier bags, a USB and a box of CD's.

xD

They've only asked me for my uniform and keys :o

That speaks volumes about how much the new person understands of what they have taken on!

They're probably in for a very big shock.

You should drop it all off at the end of a session just as they're clearing away and insist on taking your crate and bags with you so they have to find a way to carry and store it all straight away. Not that I'm vindictive, it would just be nice to think of them having a little panic as it all lands and realisation hits home.

I was thinking similar...

at the very end of the day when all is packed away... and they are in a hurry to leave..

and I want my bags back as I need them now.. Thank you..

I remember when I left I took in 4 x a car boot full of stuff... but I did leave in happy circumstances so they knew what to expect.. but didn't realise to what extent I had actually run the group until I did it..

it took 4 of them to take over the job!

Inge

Not that I'm vindictive,

I beg to differ, Mrs! :o

Upsy Daisy gives good advice though - hand over the stuff and then walk away. You really have done all you can do now and to drag it out will just prolong the agony. They are obviously sure the new person can cope, and in any case if her opinion of you is so low that she has resorted to telling lies about you then she won't value your opinion anyway.

Can you arrange to meet friends immediately after you hand the stuff over so that you have someone to offer tea and sympathy if needed?

Maz

Thing is... committee don't want me going to the setting. They want to collect it from my house - well I'm not helping them load their car!

So I've had to email committee and ask for it to be collected and wait for a convenient time for them. They owe me money so hoping that I'll get the cheque when I hand everything over.

It just gets worse - I'd be telling them when the convenient time for them to come to my house would be. What awful people - honestly I think you're well out of it.

At least when you set up your own nursery you'll know exactly what the competition is, won't you? :o

Maz

Dictators aren't they? If they can ban you from the setting I'd ban them from your house too, mutually convienient time indeed!!!! Have they banned Mr PPP? I'd get him to drop it on their toes sorry no I meant drop it off at the premises, you'll need your crates back for your own move. Good luck getting money out of them, just hope the cheque doesn't bounce! Enjoy your niece's birthday .x

Oh PPP words really do fail me on how dreadful these people really are, i'd say you've had a lucky escape from the lot of them, may you flourish, the children not suffer and leave the lot of them to rot in their own mess. :(

Thats my personal view not really a very professional one i know, but i'm disgusted that people like that are in childcare. :oxD:(:( :wacko: xD

Well I've not had an email yet saying when they can collect it all and no, I really don't want them on my property! I still have the keys- one for the shed which is just a padlock so I could drop in off in the shed tonight.

Not very secure but I want to get on with my life! Then when my replacement opens the shed in the morning......... TA DA!

Thing is... committee don't want me going to the setting. They want to collect it from my house - well I'm not helping them load their car!

So I've had to email committee and ask for it to be collected and wait for a convenient time for them. They owe me money so hoping that I'll get the cheque when I hand everything over.

Are you sure this is not my ex committee xD - unbelievable arnt they - its because they dont want you bumping into staff and parents and children - i dropped all the stuff off to them at the church with my handover list of 200 jobs i do - left them mouths agog then stood outside preschool to say 'bye bye' to everyone (they couldnt stop me) :o

PPP you read my mind!!!!! i would be very tempted to leave a little goodbye note too telling them where to stick it, good luck with everything and remember things happen for a reason so hopefully they will be shut in a years time while your setting if you do open one will be fully booked!!!!!!! :o

I don't think I would want any of that lot round my house. It's business stuff not personal so they should take it at the business premises (obviously to ensure security and professionalism of the handover) and if I were you I'd take a friend (witness) to ensure no funny stuff gets said or done too. Also although you might not want to prolong things supply them with a handover list that they must sign with a disclaimer for them to acknowledge that there is no other stuff outstanding. When dealing with these types its best to put a big dustbin lid over your bottom so to speak so that there are no comebacks. They have already shown you what type of people they are - trust them not!

There isn't really a handover, they don't want to know anything. New leader has already given the place an 'overhaul' and changing my assessments and planning.

I can put the keys and USB through staffs letterbox the rest is just guidance folders, catalogues, leaflets, uniform. I don't want to talk to anyone. And I don't have a friend to take with me.