Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

In Need Of Support

No - they send you a pack and you read it and learn the things, then there's a multiple choice test which you do, and send to them. They mark it and send you a certificate.

The word 'Deputy' does not appear at all in the EYFS practice guidance - I just searched my Adobe copy!

quick edit - looks like they do it as online as well now!

Edited by Cait

I am reluctant to give in to them as their targets and recommendations for my practice have been based on lies.

I can completely understand this viewpoint. Have you had any formal management training? If not, you might consider doing it for your own CPD, ignoring the reasons why the committee feel it necessary. It will strengthen your CV too, should you consider moving at some point in the future. You might also use this as evidence that despite the way you've been treated, you have been willing to reflect on your practice and develop your skills.

However, I can see that agreeing to go on the course might be seen that the committee were right all along - its a hard call to make.

Maz

The word 'Deputy' does not appear at all in the EYFS practice guidance - I just searched my Adobe copy!

It does appear in the Statutory Framework though:-

In registered group settings there must be a named deputy who is able to take charge in the absence of the manager - page 32.

Person in charge: An individual appointed by the registered person as the person in charge of providing early years provision on the premises; or, where that individual is not present, the deputy who they have so nominated as being the person in charge of providing early years provision on the premises - page 53.

No mention that the deputy needs to be given regular opportunities to lead, just that they are able to take charge if the necessity arises.

Ma

Just a thought..... hope I haven't missed it higher up the posts.... but have your committee received any training? It sounds to me that they're the ones lacking, not you! Our LA offer committee training and so do the PLA.....

Hold your head high and prove them all wrong PPP, we're right behind you xxxx

I think I would look for a new job over the summer break. I wouldn't work for a committee like that that didn't support you.

I have a committee and the Chair position comes up every other year. Sometimes you get a good one and other times you can't wait for them to leave.

Hope it works out for you.

Your support means so much.

No the committee have never had any training. I am looking for a new job, and will continue to throughout the summer. My deputy has told me though that if I resign so will she! She backs me 100% as it's her words that have been twisted and used against me. But I'm not going without a fight! I know of the channels to go down and I know what is right and what is wrong! I may not win, but I would have caused them grief. They're on a power trip and I want to pull the cord out!

Edited by Guest

But I'm not going without a fight! I know of the channels to go down and I know what is right and what is wrong! I may not win, but I would have caused them grief. They're on a power trip and I want to pull the cord out!

Go P3. :o

Hi P3,

Glad you sound more in control today and have clearly decided your way forward. Remember we are all here to support, send hugs and thoughts at any time you need. No matter how frustrating it gets at work just keep that thought in your mind!!!!!!!!!!!

I would agree with what Maz is saying about doing a management course but maybe now is not the right time to take that on.

My thoughts will be with you tomorrow and over the rest of this term, at least it's not long to go now.

Take care

Nicky Sussex :oxD

Your support means so much.

No the committee have never had any training. I am looking for a new job, and will continue to throughout the summer. My deputy has told me though that if I resign so will she! She backs me 100% as it's her words that have been twisted and used against me. But I'm not going without a fight! I know of the channels to go down and I know what is right and what is wrong! I may not win, but I would have caused them grief. They're on a power trip and I want to pull the cord out!

....sounds like a similar story i know of - keep your chin up hun :oxD:(

I thought I had it bad with my committee PPP

Chin up hun some very useful advise on here

We are part of playgroup network and I always turn to my DW for advise and she is there to support me as well as the committee. Maybe a meeting is needed with everyone including your DW being present too to see the issues. Your committee need to realise what you give to the playgroup and they should be thanking you for it, not causing havoc

But I'm not going without a fight! I know of the channels to go down and I know what is right and what is wrong! I may not win, but I would have caused them grief. They're on a power trip and I want to pull the cord out!

Atta girl!! Don't get mad, get even!!!! :o

Nona

Only just found this thread, PPP, and can do nothing but offer hugs and my support. I have to say I'm so glad to see that you've got your fighting spirit back! They can't get away with this!

Keep us posted. :o

Rosey x

You have probably thought of this but how about you call a staff meeting. As you are not allowed to talk to staff out of hours a formal meeting with a committee representative there to observe could be used to establish meaningful dialogue. You would lead the meeting and give every staff member the opportunity (uninterupted) to clearly say how they feel about you, the playgroup and the issues that have arisen. This could be painful for you but could be enlightening about where this has really all come from. It would surely be more open and honest than a questionaire. If you were brave enough and open enough it could be a positive experience for the group.

Apart from that you seem to have been landed with a committee from hell. I think that if I was in your position I would be seriously job hunting and considering a constructive dismissal claim.

good luck with this week.

Edited by Chill

Just spoke to ACAS - I'm a bit stuck really, not much I can do.

Shows there is a loop hole in committee run groups as committee have the power and they aren't responsible to anyone!

Just spoke to ACAS - I'm a bit stuck really, not much I can do.

Shows there is a loop hole in committee run groups as committee have the power and they aren't responsible to anyone!

But surely as your employer they have responsibilities to their staff?

I'm the chair and I know I have to follow certain employment laws, one of which is having a proper and functioning disciplinary proceedure in place rather than putting out a secret questionaire!

I dont have anything to do with staff meetings, we as a committee have selected the person we think is fit to do the job of manager and I leave the day to day running, planning, obs etc to her. Staff issues are dealt first and foremost by her with staff knowing they can come to me as a last resort if they feel she isnt dealing with any needs.

Rea is right, they still have responsibilities towards their staff. They aren't allowed to bully anyone as they have done to you!

just signed in and read about the terrible time you are having PPP. Don't have a lot of advice but wanted to say I'm thinking about you. mrsW.x

Thank you Mrs W!

I now feel really helpless. There aren't even any jobs around in my area that I can apply for.

They've told me they have to think about the other staff- not much thought for me. They're not accountable to anyone. It is so wrong. I feel like setting up a Playgroup support group where I can stop these sort of things happening!

Hi P3 have been watching this link in disgust, and Rea is so right as an ex chair myself and a supervisor for some years now i always left the day to day running of the setting to the experienced and qualified staff. From the gist of your text i really feel there is a underlying reason for this treatment and alas committees come and go and we are left to pick up the pieces. I know i would be mortified if any committee even thought about doing this to me and my team , but if your staff really support you i'm sure common sense will prevail.

Little bit worried that it appears there is no one there for you in this instance.

Hang on in there hun.

xx