Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ofsted Are Human

caroljayne

Hi all

Haven't been on the forum for a while but just had to share with you that dispite all my fears of Ofsted inspectors they are human. Ours came a few weeks ago and spent a lot of time playing with the children and talking to xD parents. :(:o

We were judged as OUTSTANDING accross all 17 areas. Big smiles all round ! :(

Edited by caroljayne

Congratulations on the result and yes there are some really human OFSTED Inspectors out there, we had one back in January and we wrote to her team leader at OFSTED to say as much because as she pointed out when I praised her , they also have apppraisals /targets etc and often the only feedback recieved by OFSTED is negative , so an be a little disheartening - so maybe a letter of thanks /praise would be nice ? :o

I agree we sent them a letter stating how happy we were with the way in which she worded the report, people who have read it and visited said how true it was and that it was an excellent reflection of our setting. She clearly was looking and did read the Sef and paolicies. We are all very quick to complain but we need to give praise where praise should be given, they are only people doing a job :o (although on the day that was not on my mind xD )

Hi all

Haven't been on the forum for a while but just had to share with you that dispite all my fears of Ofsted inspectors they are human. Ours came a few weeks ago and spent a lot of time playing with the children and talking to xD parents. :(:o

We were judged as OUTSTANDING accross all 17 areas. Big smiles all round ! :(

Any advice for me? Ours is just around the corner.

• 2 weeks later...
Any advice? Ours is just around the corner. Have been so stressed about data, assessments etc too easy to forget the actual children!!!!!

Hi only just popped back on the forum. My advice is stay calm carry on as usual remember you are brilliant and sell yourself!!!!!

Good luck