Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Done It!

Well have done it - it's all official and letters went out to parents yesterday. I have handed in my notice after I finally decided to leave my job of 13 years Supervising at Pre School. Time to move on - no job to go to - but hey ho - life seems a whole lot rosier already! However - I will still be around on here as you are all so fantastic and I do so want to finish my degree too. Just waiting now for Mrs O to arrive (it's bound to happen isn't it - I bet Mrs O won't wait until I've gone).

Well done! It must be a bit of an emotional time for you at the moment so lots of hugs.

I hope all works out well for you, especially with your degree to look forward to. I'm glad you aren't leaving us as well as I love seeing your happy hen..and you of course. :o

Well have done it - it's all official and letters went out to parents yesterday. I have handed in my notice after I finally decided to leave my job of 13 years Supervising at Pre School. Time to move on - no job to go to -

Well done - I know how you feel, I left last July and the relief just lifted. Everyone I meet now tells me how much younger I look and that I don't look so stressed!! didn't realise I did.

Like you I had no job to go to, but now i work just 8 hours a week. When I leave work it is forgotten about until the next time I go, so much more ME time now.

It will be really hard for you to let go - it took me ages after 11 years - but I got there eventually.

ENJOY your ME time.

A very difficult decision to make that I expect has tormented you for a while....glad you feel good about it, you are brave and you have done more than your 'time' - think of all those children you have helped during their most important years....well done to you and don't you dare go away, we need you as much as you need the forum! :oxD:(

Once the decision has been made to actually do it is a very uplifting experience, and one I never regretted, after 20yrs in pre-schools..

Now time to reflect at how much you have achieved and how you want to continue... enjoy the relief from the pressure.. and Mrs/Mr O.. doesn't really matter if she does turn up... have fun with the children during the time you now have with them... I must admit I did..

Inge

Golly!! :o

Is it something in the air?!? Or "just" the poor pay, huge expectations and lack of recognition from the powers that be........? xD

Glad your decision has made you feel good and even more glad you'll still be around here while you concentrate on your degree!

Nona

Yay, well done. We should start a club! I'm 'gone' at the end of the summer term too!!!

Wow so many of us are actually leaving this summer - it seems a common thread - are we all of a 'certain age' or are we all frustrated?

Well as the news spreads around Pre School regarding my departure the parents have been fantastic - I have had so many lovely kind words of appreciation and some parents in tears! It's lovely to know you're appreciated - just hoping I can tie up all the loose ends and paperwork before July.

Gosh, our deputy handed her notice in today!

Well done on your decision. I felt like yuo when I handed mine in. A feeling of 'what was I so scared about?'. I felt great.

I also got told I looked younger and stress free after about 6 months so I knew it was the right thing to have done.

Dont make any plans, things will happen and life will fall into place.

Gosh, our deputy handed her notice in today!

Well done on your decision. I felt like yuo when I handed mine in. A feeling of 'what was I so scared about?'. I felt great.

I also got told I looked younger and stress free after about 6 months so I knew it was the right thing to have done.

Dont make any plans, things will happen and life will fall into place.

Can you believe this - at 1.30pm today received a call on my mobile - I have been invited to attend 2 interviews over 2 days next week for a job at the local children's centre!! Talk about good timing or what?! Now am beginning to think - INTERVIEWS !! argh!! not had one for 14 years...anyone any advice PLEASE......apparantly first interview is with the employer and the following day I have an interview with the Parent Panel (hence my previous post earlier today). Job is a Family Support worker role and will be a different role completely to what I do now - but something which I feel would be interesting (and challenging). Finger crossed!

I am sure its the season for preschool leaders to leave like you, myhenroxanne. I worked has a manger of a preschool for 6 months, a couple of years later I am glad that I didn't last much longer. Being a manger for me is not my style! So you have done well after 14 years.

Anyway I looked in the local paper today and saw that there is a preschool leader post going. Deffo the season for it!

Interview advice from the master of interviews (rea will agree!) just be yourself, think before answering and most of all is relax!

Good luck with your new venture!

Beth