Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Needed Somewhere To Share My Thoughts Update

Thanks for sharing this with us Nicky. It's lovely to hear things becoming so much more positive for you. Aren't you brave facing up to your fears and going into school like that? It would have been so easy to sit at home with your head in the sand.

Enjoy your few days away. I hope the weather is kind to you and you get some nice beach days.

xx

Hi,

Just a brief update to say that we had a fantastic time away and the girls said it was the best holiday days they had had for a long time. So we climbed a castle, spent a day on a steam railway and visited a farm where the girls both fed lambs. Have hopefully created lots of happy memories to keep us going for a while.

The girls are both back at school today and it feels very strange to be at home but still haven't heard from Oc health and need to speak to them before I can plan for returning back to school. I am seeing my life coach again today and that time has been so helpful so will try to maintian some contact with her even when I do return to school. I am meant to be having a meeting at school tomorrow but that was to discuss the Oc Health report so will see what happens about that.

My ex-husband has an exploratory operation on his arm on Thursday to see if they can repair some of the dmaged blood vessels and improve the circulation to his hand. Depending on the operation he may move to a hospital nearer to home for continued treatment and rehab as he still can't walk far and definitely wouldn't manage to get up or down the stairs in his house. The girls hope he moves soon so they can see him more easily but they know it might not happen for a while.

I have decided to have my study repainted as we have a friend here to do some decorating, odd jobs etc all week so just need to choose a calm, relaxing colour for the walls and finally tackle all the tidying up that needs to be done in there.

Thanks again for your continued support and encouragement, will let you know how the meeting goes at school.

Nicky Sussex :oxD

Hi Nicky, glad to hear you so "upbeat" and looking to the future, amazing how a break can re-charge your batteries, isn't it!?

Choose a lovely, calming colour for your study. I love trying out colours with MatchPots - my wall often looks a touch "Elmer the Patchwork Elephant" before I make my final decision :o

Nona

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Time for another update.

I still haven't returned to school as waiting for Oc Health to make contact, have emailed my head expressing my concern and frustration at the endless delays and suggested that we should meet with my life coach to identify some things that would help with my return and to start to plan that. Finally had a phone call last night to say Oc Health will be ringing me this Friday so will let you know how that goes. Feeling slightly apprehensive about that as really don't want to talk about the past issues at school and at home and just want to carry on moving forward but guess it's another thing that has to be done. The headteacher seems to be saying the delays are down to Oc health but then said when she rang them that they had closed the file without speaking to me or to her so not quite sure what is goign on there but feeling tempted to complain to Oc health about their appalling service when it is all finished.

My study is now decorated and is a beautiful yellow colour with a couple of grey/beige stripes across one wall which is just above my desk. The room looks so much bigger and have been busy sorting books etc to go in the loft or on my new book shelves along another wall. I have bought a new desk whihc means I can get rid of a table and a computer desk ad just have one larger desk which frees up even more space. Now I need to think about curtains and a lightshade but no rush to do that.

My ex-husband is still in hospital but seems to be making more progress. He has had another set of tests on his arm and the hospital can't improve the blood flow to his hand so he may need 2 fingers amputating soon as they are going gangrenous but we will face that when it happens and not before. The girls don't know about this possiblity yet. We may visit again on Sunday as we haven't been for a few weeks but will see what the weather is like and how he is.

The girls are doing ok and both are smiling far more than they used to. Being at home for this long time has been lovely but we have all talked about how we can continue to feel happy and smiley when I am back at work and how important it will be to make time for each other even when we have homework/ school work etc to do.

On a completely separate note I have been approached via my husband by a local bank who have some staff vacancies. Have asked for further details but maybe a complete career change would be a good thing at the moment. I know I would miss the children and parents lots but the thought of being able to leave work with nothing more to do sounds very appealing at the moment. I could then retart helping with Rainbows or Brownies which I found very rewarding until i started to teach full time.

Will let you know how the phone call goes on Friday and then will maybe know more about when I can return to school.

Thanks for your support and kind thoughts

:o Nicky Sussex xD:(

Glad things sound like they're on the up. You definitley sound more positive. A change of career might be just what the doctor ordered. I'm sure you'll make the right decision :oxD

Well that was a bit of a turn up! Didn't expect that but - wow- what an opportunity. I know what you mean about being able to leave work behind at the end of the day - we just can't in this line of work, can we!

Good luck, we'll be rooting for you!!!!

I'm glad to hear things are going so much better for you, although I can't believe Oc Health have taken so long to get things sorted out! Would teaching part time be something you would consider for the future?

Nicky, lovely to hear that your daughters are coping well and if you're well enough to get frustrated with the OH then you're definitely feeling better! :o

An interesting option for a change of career but I bet you're already thinking/saying "but what about the school holidays........"

Nona