Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ofsted Picks Two Firms To Inspect Nurseries

Marion

Thanks Marion, I was just reading about that. I'm not sure whether splitting the country into two is a good plan though, or having two separate companies dealing with it either. Might it mean different standards or different interpretations of the standards, inevitably?

Obviously my experience is in schools but we do see huge differences in expectations between OFSTED teams under the current system and I'm not at all sure how I feel about the idea of inspections being awarded to two firms ...I'm a bit of a fossil and prefer HMI if all truth be known ...

Might it mean different standards or different interpretations of the standards, inevitably?

I think this will come down to training, and some kind of rigorous moderation procedure to ensure that standards are being upheld in both companies. Mind you, doesn't that sound a bit like inspection of the inspectors? :o

I'm sure there are more than a few people hankering after the good old days when the lady from Social Services came round each year... xD

Maz

That's the very discussion we had in the pub last night!!!

I think I preferred it when the lady from Social Services knew you and your setting, compared like with like (as she inspected other childminders) and could see from year to year what had changed, whether that was for the better or not.

And, it would save an incredible amount of money!

Nona

I'm sure there are more than a few people hankering after the good old days when the lady from Social Services came round each year... :o

Actually, our Ofsted Inspector this time WAS our old Social Services lady - and it was great to see her and reminisce!!

But, yes, bring back Social Services inspections PLEEEEASE!!!!!!