Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Pogo Photo Printer

Hi! has anyone else seen this?!

http://www.polaroid.com/Products/Polaroid+...w/Overview/1804

I've tried using the computer to print photos or a photo printer but find it time consuming and not always successful, then saw this and thought it was worth a try. I'M HOOKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xD

It's portable, about the size of a Blackberry. I can Bluetooth photos from my phone or camera (comes with a USB lead, too) and it prints out little photos 2"x3", with sticky peel-off backing, ready for Learning Journies and obs!

Mine cost £29.99 from Maplins but I've seen them on Play.com for £24.99 and a pack of 70 papers is £10.99 (each photo costs about 15p) Shop around on the Internet - I've paid £9.39 for 70 papers recently. It may be expensive for Nursery use but for childminders it's FAB! Hopefully, the more people who buy them, the cheaper the papers will be :o

(I took mine with me when choosing my new mobile phone to make sure it was compatible and the staff in the Carphone Warehouse were fascinated - they'd not seen one before but were off to investiagte further!)

Well worth a look!!

Nona

It uses Zink technology (apparently!)

It's ink-free, the clever stuff is in the paper.

You flick a catch, lay the whole pack of paper in, with the special blue sheet underneath (which is included with the paper), pop the lid down and off it goes!

The heat from the printer activates the Zink and your photo appears (takes about a minute)

Colours are good and, unlike the old Instant photos they don't smudge or need waved around to dry :o

Nona

Edited by Guest

Ink free that sounds great!!

we dont do lots and lots of printing but how frustrating when the paper goes in and a hideous picture with the ink half gone comes out the printer so it sounds good value in knowing that if the printer and papers are there you should get a photo every time (provided there are no other technical difficulties of course!)

sounds nifty I will take a peek on play.com

Try Misco for online ordering too. We just got ours from there for £20, and Amazon often have the paper stuff on at good prices. I've spent ages playing with ours so I can demonstrate it in the staff meeting tomorrow, but now my sister wants one for her birthday!

I think you would make that selection on your camera Cait.

The only possible drawback that I can see was from customer feedback which said a fully charged battery will print up to 15 photos - I would be forever charging the battery ......... wonder if anyone knows more about this.........

Otherwise I have to say it looks just perfect - no more ink, no more cutting out, no more glue! :o

I would say the battery doesn't hold charge for very long but I've only been playing with it for today. That said it does print while it is charging which if you can leave it somewhere safe is helpful. I'm planning to use it for immediate use photos, you know the kind that show little Jonny did stop crying and enjoy himself today! I'll probably still do lots or printing on the main printer for other evidence photos.

Oh and yes you can choose which photo but it needs to be a Pictbridge compatible camera. And there ends my knowledge of that subject! All I can say is when I went onto the camera there was the option to print the current image, all the images or none, and I could choose how many copies of each print to make too.

What kind of batteries does it take? Are they re-chargeable and if so are they recharged in the camera via a cable? If so, I'd say that it is the printing process itself that would drain the batteries quickly, so printing while the camera is connected to the charger might help.

The batteries are rechargable in the pogo printer, but they don't charge the camera as they print. In fact you can also use bluetooth to print from camera phones (not that we'd be doing this in the setting though) or a bluetooth enabled computer if you cannot access the photos from the camera itself. (I know this cos I tried!)

I think your thread was the first time I saw them, but I was quite put off by the cost. Can't quite believe how much they have come down in price now! Thanks for bringing them to my attention though.

Mundia - sorry! I missed your original post xD I've had mine since Christmas and love it!

I plug it in if I'm printing at home but charge it up if I'm taking it out and about. It's very simple to use and the pics are great, just peel and stick!!

Keep checking them on line - they seem to come down in price daily :o

Nona

It might be even quicker than that BMG! I ordered mine on the Monday evening (might have been a little earlier than this) but it was delivered the next day! Took me a wholle week to get it collected from the office though.

...ok, so it arrived today with pictorial instructions; "good" I thought nice and simple just what I need in my busy day, its going to be easy.

But I've charged it up connect my Kodak and don't seem to be able print anything.

Oh and one other thing when I put the paper pack in with the blue sheet at the bottom, like it said, the pogo started to make a noise and the blue sheet was fed out the front slot, is that right?

Must admit I am in the middle of a capital grant application, business plans and all and don't have much time to work it through; I thought maybe someone on here might be able to come to my rescue?! Any offers of help pleeeease, thank you.

Edited by BMG

The blue paper part is right. Now with regard to the other you need to check your camera instructions (online if you've chucked them long ago) and see if your model is Pictbridge compatible and how to turn it on. If it isn't you need to find away of bluetoothing the pictures to the printer instead perhaps through your computer. HTH

Just looked on Amazon... why is the girlie pink one so much more expensive?! :o It's going to have to be boring black then xD

Thanks MrsT - but I'd really rather have the pink one for my birthday please!

Might just add one to my list!

Maz

I think the pink one is raising money for charity so hasn't been reduced as much as the other and it hasn't been available as long. Maybe if someone really loves you Maz...

Oh sorry everyone, I forgot to give an update.

I gave up with the camera at work on Wednesday, I was doing too many thing at once and getting nowhere; but I brought it all home with me and tried it with my camera at home and it all worked perfectly thank you all. I just connected the cable and the screen on the camera spang to life straight away with a printer menu.

I can see that it will be really useful and will cut down on staff having to do do much cutting and sticking.

I do agree with you Cait I find the small switch a little tricky to turn on and as it is so small a can hardly see the light.