Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ofsted

belle06

Hi All

Have not posted for a while but have popped in and out to see what is happening. Just wanted to let you know we had our Ofsted today and was very very pleased with the outcome. Just for everyones information I was updating our sef the evening before and was able to access it during the inspection so the belief that you can not access your sef if you are about to be inspected is NOT CORRECT.

Well done you, fantastic news, and great to see your avatar back on the forum. Can ypou let us know the current "hot topics", and how the inspector spent his/her time?

Shame about the locked sef theory...wouldn't it have been wonderful to know that there was a watertight method of knowing!!! Too good to be true!!!

Funny you should ask about Ofsted's hot topics.........I'm just completing a new set of articles on what Ofsted have focused on during the last three months. The first one should be up on the site shortly...... :o

Well done on your inspection.

I was talking about Ofsted at an early years meeting the other day, and I put forward the notion that we SHOULDN'T CARE what Ofsted think. Cue puzzled looks and a few nervous laughs.

I know it's radical but you've got to hang onto the thought that we're doing it for the children, not for the inspectors. I fully admit to caring myself, just like everyone else, but I am constantly fighting this instinct and reminding myself why I'm doing it.

If I was REALLY brave, I would refuse to do some of the really stupid bits of paperwork and stand my ground when our next inspection happens.

I'm reminded of a primary school which refused to use the literacy strategy yet got an outstanding.

Congratulations! Its such a good feeling when it all goes well, and is over again for another few years! We found that when we were inspected this time last year that we could access our SEF but could not make any changes for a few days before the inspection.

Beehive

Thanks all, we where able to access and make changes the day before so maybe they have caught on to it and changed the routine.

The inspector was very hot on seeing records of all crb's on site, risk assessments, child protection and how individula observation links to development and next steps and how parental partnership and feedback is gathered.

Thanks all, we where able to access and make changes the day before so maybe they have caught on to it and changed the routine.

The inspector was very hot on seeing records of all crb's on site, risk assessments, child protection and how individula observation links to development and next steps and how parental partnership and feedback is gathered.

Thanks, it's really helpful to hear what's the latest hot topics particularly when your inspection is overdue!!

Its worth bearing in mind too, that there are local 'hot topics' that come up in inspections reports, and we find in our LA even 'personal hot topics'.. Its worth scanning some local recent reports or asking your early years teams what the current issues in the area are.