Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Is There Any Truth In This?

I have heard a couple of times that if you cannot access your online SEF, that means an inspection is imminent.

Does anyone know if this is acctually true or is it just an urban myth?

I finally put our SEF online and now want to check it is still active every 30 seconds just incase!! :o

I think this issue has been answered in other threads with both yes and no answers!

Some people have reported that their SEF was 'frozen' online and OFSTED knocked on the door within a couple of days of the 'freezing'. Likewise others have been able to access their SEF with great regularity and OFSTED still arrived so I don't know that there is a definite answer :o

At what point do you know it's frozen?

When you log in? Select your registration?

Or is it once you've logged in and click 'select registration', the table that has the section 'status' doesn't say 'active'?

ppp

NO TRUTH They arrived today and I checked it LAST NIGHT!!!! and she quoted from it so I know she had read it!!!

Pre-school in a village hall, funny thing was at 7.30 today I said to my deputy no Ofsed today I checked last night SOOOOOOOO WRONG hello she said at 8.45 am

Excellent result I am so proud of my staff, she saw us as we were and then graded us :oxD:(

Can't comment further but will do later!!!

Big Sue

NO TRUTH They arrived today and I checked it LAST NIGHT!!!! and she quoted from it so I know she had read it!!!

Pre-school in a village hall, funny thing was at 7.30 today I said to my deputy no Ofsed today I checked last night SOOOOOOOO WRONG hello she said at 8.45 am

Excellent result I am so proud of my staff, she saw us as we were and then graded us :oxD:(

Big Sue

Oh Sue - really, really pleased for you - well done! :(

How long was she with you?

Were you due an Ofsted?

Thank You she was with us from 8.45 - 2.15 seemed like forever!!!

We were due June 2009 so a little late, so glad its over and she's not returning which surprised us, she said she had seen so much and everything that was there!!! shock horror!!!!

She called us a 'well oiled ship' didn't even have a boat Theme :oxD

I had booked a day out for tomorrow as I personally need some 'Me Time' and staff are now allowing me to go :(

So a day out in Canterbury with a good friend and lunch :( feeling a little guilty!

Sue

don't you dare feel guilty you deserve to have a little time off!!!!!! well done you and yours you must be sooooo pleased it's over go enjoy a day of you time :oxD

Big Sue

Brill - look forward to reading all about it! Our big O walked in at 10.30 last term, you've relaxed by then and decided no-one's going to bother you! we had the kettle on and everything!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Sue

Need to put meeting done as a 'Maybe' the next few weeks are so busy not just work but family and I am trying so hard to fit it all in xD:(

When do we change into 'super woman' or do we just have to put up with the 'menapause' coming :o ?????

Sue

We hadn't even get our SEF online when we had a visit, but, for some reason i did have our very unfininshed paper copy with me on the dreaded day. Feedback visit got snowed off but she phoned to ask if I wanted to do it during half term to get it out off way. :o I agreed but feared the worst as had read you only get satisfactory if SEF not complete. Guess wot, she said SEF should not be finished as it is a working doc and she also had a lady with her who was inspecting her. At end her inspector said it's ok to let people know the overall result when we want to, we don't have to wait if we don't want to. Sooooooooooooooo just to let you know we got good in all areas. If she lied to me then I'm in trouble but do I care, not now. xD

well done Teahead!

i had my suitable person interview last week (I am hopng to take over from committee run to my limited company) and I asked the inspector about the frozen SEF business. she sais she never freezes them prior to inspection, she just prints them off! so there is no consistency at all, quel surprise!

We hadn't even get our SEF online when we had a visit, but, for some reason i did have our very unfininshed paper copy with me on the dreaded day. Feedback visit got snowed off but she phoned to ask if I wanted to do it during half term to get it out off way. :o I agreed but feared the worst as had read you only get satisfactory if SEF not complete. Guess wot, she said SEF should not be finished as it is a working doc and she also had a lady with her who was inspecting her. At end her inspector said it's ok to let people know the overall result when we want to, we don't have to wait if we don't want to. Sooooooooooooooo just to let you know we got good in all areas. If she lied to me then I'm in trouble but do I care, not now. xD

the satisfactory if no SEF completed is a big myth.... so long as you are doing some form of self evaluating and it is ongoing that is OK.. it is not mandatory...

setting I used to run got outstanding in all areas without the sef done.. we had own version , and told inspector what they thought of the sef when asked why not... they have not even looked at the latest one and will not unless it becomes mandatory.. this actually saves them loads of time!

well done on your outcome..

Inge

well done Teahead!

i had my suitable person interview last week (I am hopng to take over from committee run to my limited company) and I asked the inspector about the frozen SEF business. she sais she never freezes them prior to inspection, she just prints them off! so there is no consistency at all, quel surprise!

oh anju thats just what I'm upto at the mo, I am the registered person but the business side I am still trying to sort out how to go about doing it, we have just been operating on a self employed basis for the last couple of years, which I have recently found out is illegal :o Luckily Mrs O didn't ask about that side of things. So now I am thinking limited company, CIC or something !!!!!!! any pointers greatly welcome.

hi teahead,

sorry I meant to reply before but got way laid!

i have set up a private limited company (which cost £170 as I got an accountant to do it but you can do it cheaper yourself) and I guess you could just do this and then apply to Ofsted to re-register you in the company name (mine is pretty much the same as my setting name with 'ltd' at the end). in your situation maybe it would be fine to carry on operating until the Ofsted formalities were complete. once you have your compnay registration you can open a business bank account in that name (unless you've got one already) and sort out all existing income and outgoings from that account. you need to keep books which I assume you do already? and end of year accounts. I am paying my accountants a monthly amount to do the payroll, advise me and to do the end of year accounts as I don't feel I have the time or expertise to do this.

the Ofsted stuff should be finalised soon and I hope to get my new certificate next week (this will be about a month after applying to Ofsted so not too long at all).

hope that is useful,

anju