Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Happy Easter?

I could not believe it!

In Tescos this afternoon they were replacing the Christmas fayre shelves

with Easter Eggs, choc rabbits ect

I think thats disgusting, March is soon enough for me

I'm with you on the Easter displays. Why can't we wait til at least Feb before we have to look at rows of Easter eggs? Those on the shelves today will probably be out of date by Easter!

However (and it is a big however)

I LOVE CREME EGGS !!!!!!!

I can't wait to get my hands on them and they most certainly won't get anywhere near their use-by dates in my house :o

Edited by Upsy Daisy

a garage near me has had the maltesers bunnies and creme eggs, galaxy eggs and mars eggs for over a month!!

As a Tesco employee, even I am fed up with the decorations still being up for one festive season, while the shelves are being filled for another 4 months away.

I might be talking rubbish, but think Sainsbury's have had some sort of vision. They were quite late with most of their Christmas stuff this year and when I finally got to have a nosy around this evening there were NO SIGNS AT ALL of any pre-season excess of anything - or post-season sell-offs! (Blast!!)

We have a rather large Sainsburys and there were boxes and boxes of wrapping paper and tree decorations, cards etc. being sold off today. Bought a really lovely cheap tree for the children to "play" with next year as one of the threads suggested, they can wreck it if they want to, it cost £4., but the idea is they can decorate and re-decorate it as many times as they like.

Must admit - didn't see any eggs.

not unusual to find hot cross buns on boxing day or first day open after Christmas... although our Asda sells them all year round anyway... I love their loaves made with the same dough... so much easier to put in toaster......

Guest woodentop

No sign of easter in my Sainsburys but - changing the subject - if you want bargains for next Christmas go to your local card factory, I bought the biggest bag of paper, cards, tags and money wallets for £5.50 today. It was fantastic - I even got hubbys card! and lovely cards for children (most of hem charity cards as well)