Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Enjoy The Snow!

Steve

It's falling thick and fast here now. I've got my turkey safely installed in the garage fridge, plus food for days but I'm worried that none of my family might be able to get here if it gets any worse. :(

Oh no :o

It's looking increasingly unlikely that my daughter and Mum will be able to get across the Pennines from Yorkshire to Cumbria tomorrow. Oh well, we'll have to have Christmas another time

Oh no xD

Ah Jacquie and Cait I will keep everything firmly crossed for you! :(

Our snow is now disappearing fast - I am hoping there won't be anymore until festivities are over........

Cait and Jacqui I do hope you're at least getting the thaw which is in progress around us.

I took my daughter to visit a friend this morning and the sat nav took us down some beautiful country lanes which were totally covered in ice. I kept to under 10 miles an hour and still ended up doing a 180 degree spin after trying to turn the corner stopping as we hit the grass bank. Luckily I don't think the car is damaged which will improve the atmosphere in our house tonight. ( I had an altercation with a milk lorry last week which left the bumper and headlight scratched so I'm already unpopular :o )I'm hoping the thaw has since improved the state of the road for when I go to pick her up. I'm not looking forward to that journey one bit!

Let's hope that everyone gets to where they want to be and has a lovely Christmas sharing stories of sleeping in department stores and having curries in the office.

Edited by Upsy Daisy

I took my daughter to visit a friend this morning and the sat nav took us down some beautiful country lanes which were totally covered in ice. I kept to under 10 miles an hour and still ended up doing a 180 degree spin after trying to turn the corner stopping as we hit the grass bank. Luckily I don't think the car is damaged which will improve the atmosphere in our house tonight. ( I had an altercation with a milk lorry last week which left the bumper and headlight scratched so I'm already unpopular :( )I'm hoping the thaw has since improved the state of the road for when I go to pick her up. I'm not looking forward to that journey one bit!

Hope the journey went OK Upsy Alison Daisy! :(

I ventured out too.......set off with a car full of presents...........and returned after about 15mins. ............with a car full of presents! :o Just too icy once off the main roads.........

Biding my time here......waiting for it to warm up a bit.........have to drive to town to buy food (only planning to poison 6 on Christmas Day!) but will be feeding the 5000 (not quite!) on Boxing Day!

After my battle in Sainsburys - I shall try and deliver the pressies again! :(xD

Well she's had another 4 inches overnight in Yorkshire, and the A66 snow gates have been closed at Brough, so it doesn't look as if she's going to make it. Oh well, just the 3 of us then. She's going to try for Boxing day

Well she's had another 4 inches overnight in Yorkshire, and the A66 snow gates have been closed at Brough, so it doesn't look as if she's going to make it. Oh well, just the 3 of us then. She's going to try for Boxing day

Oh what a shame..........what are 'snow gates' ......... must be an 'oop north' thing! :o

My sister just priced a helicopter! HAHAHA it's not that desperate! For those interested, he could do it this afternoon for £2000 ish plus VAT!! HAHAHAHAHAHA what would their faces look like!

Wow thats a lot of money! Good job your not that desperate for an helicopter! lol

Beth

Hope the journey went OK Upsy Alison Daisy! xD

I ventured out too.......set off with a car full of presents...........and returned after about 15mins. ............with a car full of presents! :o Just too icy once off the main roads.........

Thank you Sunnyday. That is exactly what I should have done but didn't have to heart to do because they'd been planning the day for weeks.

Her friend's mum was so sweet and brought her home for me without even asking. I had no idea until she turned up outside. It was a great relief.

The roads are quite a lot better today which is nice and we might get our own dose of snow tonight. The girls are so excited!

I hope you managed to get enough food for the 5000, Sunnyday

photos?

Oops.. I put one in the post, but it seems to have gone somewhere....

Here it is again! There...I hope it worked... :o

Ohmy word...Just opened one and it's HUGE. Err... I have no idea what to do about that, sorry!

post-14021-1261591541_thumb.jpg

post-14021-1261591628_thumb.jpg

Edited by MrsWeasley