Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Reindeer Food

reindeer_food.docx

just thought i'd share this easy activity with you that our little ones love doing!! take 1 small brown envelope a spoonfull of oats and glitter and the lable above (don't forget a handful of imagination too!!)

not only does it spark lots of communication, language etc it opens up lots of role play ideas etc. plus the birds have a treat christmas morning!!!

This is a fantastic activity. What a lovely idea to share it.

We did it two years ago and my (then) four year old daughter decided that it had to go on the roof of the house. Not a problem for my huspand who proceeds to hold her out of the velux window in the loft to sprinkle it around the roof tiles watched by one very twitchy me!

I love this activity - thanks for sharing...

Bit of advice though - put it out on a plate, just in case the birds don't eat it!

When I did this with my son a few years back he was absolutely mortified when we went outside on Christmas morning to find a load of oats still there! I had to do some quick thinking and told him that Santa had visited all the Pre-school children and the reindeer were probably 'flup' (full up) by the time they got to our house! :(:(

While on the subject of Christmas - if anyone knows where I can get a 'signed photograph of Santa with his reindeer' that my daughter has added to her list - please let me know! :(xD:o

While on the subject of Christmas - if anyone knows where I can get a 'signed photograph of Santa with his reindeer' that my daughter has added to her list - please let me know! :(xD:o

Google?

If you think that's hard try my daughter's list.

1. Zac Efron

2. 12,000 books,

3. A laptop with a doggy mouse

4. God

5. An action man

Well I can probably manage the action man..... :(

I also wanted to say that the reindeer food is a great fundraiser at Christmas fairs. What Mummy or Daddy could resist that appeal?

Try getting some of Santas radiators like we were asked for one year :o luckily the youngest wanted bluetac and an underbrella so that was a bit easier.

This year they want mobiles but the dog wants a WII?????

Those of you with young children try this......an editable video clip so that Santa speaks to your child.

Santa TV

Edited by Guest

I remember last year having to sweep it up off our patio and panicking because it had all gone down the grooves and couldn't get it out!

We always give ours a bag of reindeer food with their Christmas present at our parties.

Edited by laura

We are selling reindeer food as a fundraiser at our Pre-school, 50p per bag (small envelope). We use bird seed though with a small sprinkling of glitter. It is going really well and have had over 50 orders in one week!

We did the same last year and I got my children to sprinkle it on the grass - thankfully I have plenty of birds in my garden, so I know that it will all be eaten in the morning when my kids go to check!

Thanks for the Santa links by the way!

Those of you with young children try this......an editable video clip so that Santa speaks to your child.

Santa TV

I just had to thank you again biccy.

My six year old daughter watches hers just before bed tonight. Her face was an absolute picture of wonderment. She became more and more entranced as the video went on and when she saw her photo in his book she was totally amazed.

She went to bed with the biggest smile on her face saying "Oh Mummy I am such a lucky girl. That really was the real Santa wasn't it? I can't believe he found out that I am trying to do my very best at school. I will never ever forget this night." I don't think she's the only one.

Thankyou for sharing and giving us such a magical moment.

Thats brought a tear to my eye. I really miss those days its so boring now the lads are older. I used to leave messages from the Chritmas Robin, and sprinkle glitter where Father Christmas had walked, and tell the most outrageous tales, but it was so magical. I suppose I'll have to wait for grand children to start appearing on the scene.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)