Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Well It Has Happened!

For those of you following my story....the administration manager has resigned.....she has been very abrupt, rude and yes I can admit it now a bully......the trouble for me is she has three weeks to work her notice, although the committee have said she can leave immediately if she would prefer......I wasn't told anything about the resignation before the staff, she had told everyone and i found out from a parent....the whole term has been trying to say the least....I have remained professional but am finding it difficult to cope at the moment. :wacko:

Sorry :( I am not after sympathy....Christmas is coming and we have lots going on and I have the underlying stress of managing everything (inc revamping all the policies and operational plan) I have nearly completed most of the outstanding jobs....but little things keep coming up...like three parents being told we are full and being turned away xD:o ....we are not full we have three or four children some afternoons! aaaaaarrrrrghhhh fingers crossed for me and my lovely team

...we have to remain strong while this lady storms in and out of the classroom, everyone is scared of her, including me...ha that feels good to admit that....forum therapy :(

....I have to be the strongest I can to get through the next few weeks and I have worked incredibly hard and am going to be at the nursery long term, it is such a lovely place with a lovely team...just one fly in the ointment who will soon be going.....the committee are so supportive and I do think I may have been a scapegoat.....just though I would share...thanks for listening everyone. :(

keep going and find every positive you can in the fact that she is going :o , you will be a stronger person for the bad experience that you have had to face. well done for being professional throughout it must have been really hard for you, at least there is a light at the end of that tunnel and it's getting bigger every day xD lets hope this woman finds happiness one day and stops being so miserable live is so short we are only here once why do some people go through it bringing misery to themselves and others!!

Just think, after Christmas you can all go in smiling and happy and be the team you were meant to be!

as regards spaces, how about a little ad in the local press? We generally put in a Christmas thankyou to all our parents, friends and supporters and one year we also added that there were a few spaces too!

Chin up, keep smiling!

I agree with Cait - focus on the positive thought that you can enjoy Christmas knowing that she has left and will no longer be able to bully you - I'm sure your turkey (vegetarian alernatives are of course available!) will taste all the sweeter for it.

Her idea of an ad in the paper is a great one - may borrow that myself if I remember!

You are clearly a very strong person, and ultimately I think this is probably behind her decision to resign. She has tried so hard to undermine you but has realised that she just cannot get the better of you, especially as you say that the committee and staff team are behind you and your new working methods. She has to take responsibility for her own feelings and how she has acted in response to those feelings and as debatwrittle has said, hopefully she will find some happiness and peace of mind once she has had time to reflect.

I'd suggest a little 'resignation advent' calendar so that every day when you wake up you can tick off one more day nearer to a freer, happier workforce, and an energised and more fulfilled shirel!

Go girl!

Maz

Well done for remaining so professional!

Let's hope that this lady move onto somewhere she feels happier.

Not long to go before you can relax more and enjoy your job fully. How lovely!

Just one thing. Was it this lady who has been turning parents away? If so you should probably make sure someone is keeping a close eye or perhaps taking over responsibility for answering the phone whilst she serves her notice. She is obviously feeling very bitter and could do quite a lot of damage on the quiet before she goes. Don't be too trusting.

I love that advent calendar idea too make sure it has chocolate in to keep you going up to that all important day.

Hi Shirel

I am sooooo pleased for you! xD

What a shame she couldn't be 'persuaded' to leave without serving her notice - as an owner/manager I know I wouldn't want her to carry on working - potential to wreak havoc in her last few weeks :o Was she offered full pay 'til end of her notice period?

Anyway, it's all good and as someone else said - keep smiling! :(

Hi Shirel

What an ordeal on top of trying to get to grips with a new job. What doesn't kill us makes us stronger!

Dig a little bit deeper still, the light is at the end of the tunnel.

Could you suggest that you deal with the telephone calls so that you can learn the ropes while she is still here. Be assertive, let her know you'll be advertising your vacancies (whether by advert or poster) because of this mysterious misinformation.

Then organise a farewell and thank you party to acknowledge the work/effort she has put in during her time there.

And enjoy your Christmas break knowing you will have a great new year to look forward to.

Time to take a deep breath and take all that comes... behave as a professional, take it knowing it is now limited time and will change once she has left.

Yes , you may have been used as a way to change what they all felt was not 'quite right' but know that you were chosen for your vision and abilities to move the setting on..

and in the new year take it with two hands, get all behind you and run with it..

you can do it..

and will enjoy the freedom and lack of worry and stress when it comes...

It will be a good place to be to develop how you see things going...

take the staff you have and enable them to think and move on together as a team...

It will be hard work but if the committee are behind you a very rewarding one...

believe me I have been there - staff left because I was given a job over them.

It was hard while they were there, but once they left.. great fun and so good... and when I left felt a real sense of achievement for them to build on...

Hold on in there... you will do it...

Inge