Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Moving

Marion

Can;t believe it - good luck Marion, you will be fab. So hope you keep in touch on FSF you are a wonderful support and font of much knowledge! when do you move??

It's still basically the same and like riding a bike - you'll quickly get a grip on it. Does your school operate a " creative curriculum" throughout - it's been very successful for us and has injected life inyo lessons!

It's still basically the same and like riding a bike - you'll quickly get a grip on it. Does your school operate a " creative curriculum" throughout - it's been very successful for us and has injected life inyo lessons!

Yes we have followed a Creative Curriculum for about 5 years it's been more successful in KS2 (which is why I'm going to KS1 :o )

I think you'll love it Marion. I always loved Early Years, but sometime worked with Y2 when I was Key Stage leader and I loved the maturity of the children and the level of responses I got from them. They seemed very grown up. I particularly loved doing drama with them and also creative writing. It was very very rewarding.

Any ideas for this year 1 teacher then marion, struggling to work in much more FS friendly way in a very small space and limited resources!?

When I get my head round things perhaps we can share ideas.

My head only asked me to think about it last week and now ...

Thanks for the kind words not sure congratulations are in order as head has made it clear it's a bit of a poison chalice and I will be the focus of impending OFSTED :o

Thanks for the kind words not sure congratulations are in order as head has made it clear it's a bit of a poison chalice and I will be the focus of impending OFSTED :o

Well that's such a compliment, Marion - he obviously trusts you completely to deliver the goods when Mrs Ofsted comes a-calling!

Maz

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Marion

I too moved from teaching foundation where I had happily spent the last 10 years to teaching year 2 with the brief of making it more hands on, creative and introducing continuous provision. I am now a term in and if you ever feel like a chat. Please do get in touch...it's very lonely!!

Jay

Marion, that's so exciting! I have every faith in you - from what I know of you from here it sounds like you're the perfect person for the job. Really really let us know - in depth - how it all goes - difficulties, decisions you've made, planning etc. I'm FS and KS1 leader and desperately trying to persuade and then support my Y2 teacher to teach in this kind of way - its difficult when you've got lots of ideas but aren't actually in the situation. I'd love to go and do this in Y2 - in theory - but would have to be feeling very brave! But I know you can do it!

Yay for EYFS practice in Y2!

Good luck - and don't leave the forum, will you?!

love Emma x

My head has drawn up an action plan

1. develop classroom environment to allow free access to writing, role play, reading etc ops

2. understand children's interests and use these to plan rigorous opportunities to motivate effective learning

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)