Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Photos In Learning Journey Folders

Hi all

The use of photos has been something of a hot topic of late, so thought I would share some feedback....this is comment from a parent....added to her son's Learning Journey folder........

4th Nov.'09

Once again I am totally amazed at the range of activities xxxx takes part in at pre-school, it is amazing. He really enjoys telling us what he has been doing and his vocabulary is great.

The use of photos to bring your comments to life is brilliant. They show xxxx with so many of his peers as well as with you, xxxxxx and xxxxxx, they really show how very comfortable xxxx is at pre-school, he is totally relaxed and so all his learning is great fun.

Thank you for all your hard work, you are a wonderful team!

xxxxxx

Isn't that lovely! :o

As the song goes sunnyday, who could ask for anything more? What a great endorsement of everything you do to produce learning journeys which really bring children's learning to life!

Well done to you and your team. I hope you've copied the feedback and displayed it somewhere prominent (and put it in your SEF, too!).

Maz

Well done to you and your team. I hope you've copied the feedback and displayed it somewhere prominent (and put it in your SEF, too!).

Maz

Now there's an idea! :o

I am very fortunate - she is one of my 'teacher' mums - they always provide brilliant feedback!

We made 'birdfeeders' in the week before half term - as suggested by Cait........I asked my 'teacher' mums - "could you possibly try and get a photo of a bird feeding for me"....now I think that's a big 'ask' - would you believe I had 3 photos this morning!!!

Absolutley!! As a matter of interest, how do you share the journals? Do you ask the parent to comment or do they spontaneously? Something i've obviously been considering! :o

I send a letter home with the folders - asking for their comments!

Quick edit to say - I always thank them for adding their comments!

Edited by sunnyday

WE have considered this but the keyworkers are worried that they will get the folders that they work so hard in developing back, do you ever have problems with them being "lost"?

I'm 'touching wood' as I type this! No none lost so far......

Ive just had a warm and much needed fuzzy moment reading this . . . . well done

This is what the EYFS is all about unique children and there families - woooohoooo

Our Journals went out this week, full of pictures and we have had some beautiful comments, one mum and I were nearly close to tears. She was sooooooo pleased her child even goes to a full day care but she doesn't recieve anything like ours xD Mum said the photos opened her eyes to her child's viewing of her time with us and that something she has never experienced before (her child has been in day care since 9month old) this made me feel quite sad. We are a pack away pre-school and I will always ensure a budget meets the needs of these type of photos to be displayed in journals for our parents.

I only wish my own children had one so I could see their experiences. But hey i know my grandchildren to come will have one with groups out there striving for quality and working with their parents.

No our wages does not relect our dedication and care but boy we have JOB SATISFACTION :o all the good comments from parents outwiegh the negative especially when they are like this first post!!!!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)