Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

New Ofsted Registration Fees

HappyMaz

Why is it I always feel so far behind? Ofsted News has arrived in my inbox today, with news that the registration fees are going up or rather have gone up from 1st September 2009. I'm sure someone must have told me this before, but it stilll seemed a shock.

£200 for childcare providers on non-domestic premises for more than three hours a day, five days a week, £30 for childminders and £30 for childcare providers on non-domestic premises for three or more hours a day but less than five days a week and less than 45 weeks per year.

Here's the weblink.

Maz

Thanks Maz - I have received mine but haven't read it yet :o

I'm 3 hours x 5 days x 38 weeks - so I guess I'm £30.00 xD

That £200 is going to hit some providers hard.......seems a little harsh when on the one hand we are always being urged to extend hours - well in our 'neck of the woods' we are!

Crikey - have just re-read - tough on those who offer 'lunch clubs'........

Ooops crossed pots with narnia there!

Edited by sunnyday

Cait - are you sure? :o

Well it says those paying £25 now paying £30 as well.

"From 1 September all fees that are currently £25 have risen to £30 and those that are currently £180 have gone up to £200.

The fees Ofsted charges are set by the Government. They include a one-off fee to register a service and an annual fee to maintain the registration with us.

The lists below show the new fees:

Application fee from 1 September 2009

* Childminders: £30

* Childcare providers on non-domestic or domestic premises who operate for less than three hours each day: £30

* Childcare providers on non-domestic or domestic premises who operate for three or more hours each day, but less than five days a week and/or less than 45 weeks a year: £30

* Childcare providers on non-domestic or domestic premises who operate for three or more hours each day and for five or more days a week and 45 or more weeks a year: £200

Annual registration fee from 1 September 2009 for providers who were registered before 1 September 2008

* Childcare providers on non-domestic or domestic premises who operate for less than four hours each day: £30

* Childcare providers on non-domestic or domestic premises who operate for four or more hours each day, but less than five days a week and/or less than 45 weeks a year: £30

* Childcare providers on non-domestic or domestic premises who operate for four or more hours each day and for five or more days a week and 45 or more weeks a year: £200

Annual registration fee from 1 September 2009 for providers who were registered on or after 1 September 2008

* Childcare providers on non-domestic or domestic premises who operate for less than three hours each day: £30

* Childcare providers on non-domestic or domestic premises who operate for three or more hours each day, but less than five days a week and/or less than 45 weeks a year: £30

* Childcare providers on non-domestic or domestic premises who operate for three or more hours each day and for five or more days a week and for 45 or more weeks a year: £200

Edited by Cait

I'm 3 hours x 5 days x 38 weeks - so I guess I'm £30.00 :o

How much did you pay this year sunnyday? Will this be a reduction in fees? I think if I offered a lunch club I'd only do it for 55 minutes - that would just bring us down to under four hours. Shame about the extended afternoon though!

I'm sure the extra fees I get for the afternoon more than pays for the extra £170 a year, but in these times when margins are very tight I might need to go and do that calculation again!

Maz

ah, less than 5 hours a week and/or 40 something weeks a year - not quite so bad then!
* Childcare providers on non-domestic or domestic premises who operate for four or more hours each day, but less than five days a week and/or less than 45 weeks a year: £30

Oooh! Have I been reading this wrong then? I took it to mean that you had to be open less than five days a week to pay £30.

I open for three hours two days a week, four hours two days a week and five and a half hours on day a week, for 38 weeks a year. Should I only be paying £30? :o

Maz

Oooh! Have I been reading this wrong then? I took it to mean that you had to be open less than five days a week to pay £30.

I open for three hours two days a week, four hours two days a week and five and a half hours on day a week, for 38 weeks a year. Should I only be paying £30? :o

Maz

yes thats right i could not believe it either

This increase was proposed last year and I remember signing the NCMA petition against it and sending their proforma letter, arguing against it, to my MP - with NO success xD Their argument was that for this year it worked out at an increase per child of 60p a week and could be charged to the parents :o

I paid my £25 in August but will have to pay £30 next year. The increases are staggered over a few years but I seem to remember that for childminders it may eventually be £100!! Does anyone else remember this?

Nona

Had to go and check! Increases by £5 each year until 2010 and then to £100 :(

Edited by Guest

I think like Maz I may have read it wrong first time and may have to rate the article outstanding too!!!

I am open 9.00am to 2.00pm Monday to Friday for 38/39 weeks of the year am I too going to get a reduction down to £30?

:o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)