Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ofsted Inspections

sunnyday

This is dynamite, Sunnyday! I can't imagine how you ended up with it. You're not a secret Ofsted inspector who's infiltrated the forum are you?

I was interested to read this part;

The Early Years Foundation Stage requires all providers must keep the following written records:

 a record of risk assessment, clearly stating when it was carried out, by whom, date of review and any action taken following a review or incident. A risk assessment must be carried out for each specific outing with the children.

Now page 24 of the statutory framework states that providers should carry out a full risk assessment of each type of outing and this must be reviewed before embarking on each specific outing.

As a childminder it is not really reasonable to be reviewing risk assessments before each outing (I do 5 routine trips out on Wednesdays!) never mind writing a new one each time!

This is dynamite, Sunnyday! I can't imagine how you ended up with it. You're not a secret Ofsted inspector who's infiltrated the forum are you?

:(:(:( - Can you imagine!

I have printed it off but have to confess I haven't read it yet :o will do soon though - honest! xD :wacko:

Thanks Sunnyday, I had their old version - for anyone who doesn't know, there is quite a lot of info on the ofsted site like this if you just start digging.

Have had a quick skim through, knees are beginning to knock, fingers getting shaky they are a little overdue to call in now, and we have not had an easy start to the new year! Let's just say I'm seriously glad that Cait was entertaining Mrs. O today and not me!!

Have had a quick skim through, knees are beginning to knock, fingers getting shaky they are a little overdue to call in now, and we have not had an easy start to the new year! Let's just say I'm seriously glad that Cait was entertaining Mrs. O today and not me!!

Panders let's hope they are all oop north and not darn sarf with us!!! :oxD

Hi all

Pleased to see info. included in my first post has had 129 downloads!

This was sent to me by my SIP - I haven't had a SIP - this was our first contact - I asked her if she had been appointed as a result of our ECERS - 2007.........

She explained that this was not the case.......her title is 'Early Years Consultant' and she will be replacing our EYAT (should explain here - our EYAT has retired)

So I wonder if all EYATs are being replaced by Early Years Consultants - will it just simply be a 'name change'...........

One things for sure ...... nothing 'stands still' in Early Years! xD:o

Quick edit to say - I asked her what her background was (I do like to know!) - not teaching in any way shape or form - she was an Under 8s Officer (ah those were the days!) and then ........ wait for it....... an Ofsted Inspector!!!

Edited by sunnyday

I'm curious about your SIP (school improvement partner) ours isn't very EY friendly

I will let you know - we haven't got a meeting scheduled until the end of the month! xD

It took us a long time to come up with a mutually convenient date - LEA are funding (supply cover) two visits apparently - she is coming to discuss/look at our SEF (I did explain it is unfinished :( think I said 'it's a work in progress :o ) She said that was 'fine'! :(

SIP translates to 'Setting Improvement Partner' for pre-school.......

So I wonder if all EYATs are being replaced by Early Years Consultants - will it just simply be a 'name change'...........

Strange you should say that - our EYAT came to introduce her replacement the other day - they were just leaving when Mrs O walked in, so I left them to chat amongst themselves whilst I chatted to staff! HAHAHA

thank you so much for this, it is really helpful, but I do wish I had more hours in day :o we are expecting them this term, I have been there 4 weeks and wish it was longer, there is so much to do xD

Our SIP will be our EYAT!! she is coming in at the end of a session after everyone has gone for our first SIP chat!

Does that mean you haven't been offered the supply cover funding then Panders? Or is it that you can't use it?

Have to say I'm really going to miss our EYAT - I liked her 'background' - she had taught reception and then pre-school......good to have someone who has actually been at the 'coalface'.........I was very careful in the way in which I asked this one what her background was (careful not to cause offence and get off on the wrong foot).......but I do like to know who is 'advising' me!!! :oxD

thank you very much that will be a lovely bit of bedtime reading, we are due this term. The last ofstead the fs got atisfatory before i was there. Now we have made loads of changes and made loads and loads of improvement but because they changed the goal posts so that what was a good is now a satisfactory will we just end up with a satisfatory all over agian do you think?

• 3 weeks later...

I had to wonder about our new EYC yesterday. She rang to see how our Ofsted had gone and when I said we'd been given 3 outstanding and the rest good, she asked "So has she graded you outstanding overall, then" er, hmm.