Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

I'm So Pleased!

i am attending a meeting tonight that could change our setting in such a great way i can't get too excited just in case it doesn't happen. we are in a old victorian building that is a community centre(see photo to the left!!!), we share our room with other user groups and have to pack away every day(like so many others on here!) well the building is costing a bundle to run and has had an old committee base that have been very set in there ways and not too keen on change (Sorry i'm rambling!) anyway it's being run by a new committee and the new centre manager that is shaking everything up and is very keen on making our room for our SOLE USE :( he is very aware that we need looking after so we stay in the building to provide the much needed income for the centre, we do have to lose our store room and pay a little extra rent for the privilage but it's worth it! he is putting this to the committee of the building tonight (i am a member so that helps!) so will know tonight if it's going to happen. :o i'm so nervous and excited !!

i wrote this messge in june and went to the meeting only to be told that i may not be able to to the work that i wanted to do and the whole building may have to go into bankrupcy xD so hence me feeling i had jinxed myself!! i've missed all of you but have dipped in and out now and again!!

well loads has happened in the last 3 months the buildings been saved we now have child's hand basins and toilet that are all singing all dancing in a new room made on the side of our main room so children ca take themselves, we have a new kitchen area with a dishwaher and shiny sink with loads of storage we have new storage cupboards in the room so everything is in our room and have managed to get the room just for our use apart from 2 nights!! we are having a door installed to our outside area so can also be free access for the children can't believe it's happened!! the children and staff love the new layout and toilets etc felt like it took the whole 6 weeks to do but woth every second. THANK YOU TO ALL OF YOU WHO CROSSED THEIR FINGERS FOR ME YOU CAN UNCROSS THEM NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(:( :wacko:

you can ask cait! it's a long story but when i took over there were many questions on the admin side that were kept quiet and chair's came and went and fundraising built up with no one apart from my old admin knowing what was going on :o in a nutshell we were sitting on lots of savings that were for renovating dreams by a supervisor many years ago and forgotten about so as soon as i found out i was able to carry out my dream without the stress of raising the money myself!!!! a very very blessed situation that i know people dream about xD