Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Hooray!

Having read some posts this evening and noticed some fo them are rather sad, people struggling with management issues etc, I wanted to offer some hope. :oxD

I started as leader at my setting a year ago this week, and it has been a really hard year. The staff were 'old school' and very set in their ways. i struggled to encourage and involve them in new ideas and changes. i nearly went through the floor with the amount of paperwork that piled up, and the whole array of policies and procedures that needed up dating or even consrtucting!

I was so ready for the holidays and working on limited patience and zero enthusiasm by the end of term! i was thinking career change, am i even management material etc etc etc. I left anything preschool alone for the whole of the holidays until Tuesday! Obviously now i am frantically trying to get things done by monday.

However it was and is all worthwhile because today my first meeting with my staff went really really well! Some staff left in july and there were 2 new staff present today. They were bursting with ideas and the remaining staff were open and making suggestions, usually i would have had to spoon feed ideas and be met with silence and then have everyone nod in agreement and then later hear them complain! Today together they all decided on our new routine, how they would like their groups to work, they were happy to do the visits with their new keychildren.

It was such a difference than any meeting we had last year and it has given me a new hope that i can still pull it together and really take the preschool forward.

So to all of you who are struggling, hang in there, let yourself have those bad days but try to keep your vision in mind and allow your staff time to adapt to change.

How lovely of you to post this positive thread....I, too was sat sadly reading all the negative and troublesome posts....it is really lovely to hear how you have progressed....well done to you......and thanks for sharing.... :oxD:(:(:( :wacko:

Thank you hfn for the encouragement, and congratulations. I think that the enthusiasm your staff are now showing has to be down to your leadership skills - I'll give you an 'outstanding' for leadership and Management!

Gruffalo2 :o

Thanks for sharing as I drown in paperwork, policies or lack of them, to do lists etc etc ahead of starting my new job as manager on Monday. Think I might print your post and keep reminding myself of it over the coming year.

Glad you have turned a corner. Well done!

Thanks to you all for your supportive comments! It is a great feeling, and i have to say that the forum has been a lifeline to ways to solve problems and gain good, sound knowledge and advice.

So thanks you to everyone on the forum who has been a part of keeping me going!!