Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Nappies

KAT, I do agree with everything that your parent told you however for groups like ours whose landlords will not allow them to dispose nappies in their bins, if we didn't give them to parents we would then (we being staff) have to take the nappies home and then be exposed ourselves? We probably get around 1/2 doz nappies per year, so to have any form of waste storage/disposal would be uneconomical.

Can I just ask, surely everything she says about soiled nappies would apply to underwear as well?

Dont times change? When I first started if a child soile dtheir nappy then the parent was rang to come and change them!! actually prior to that, children just weren't accepted in nappies, it was one of those 'unwritten' rules!!

Dont times change? When I first started if a child soile dtheir nappy then the parent was rang to come and change them!! actually prior to that, children just weren't accepted in nappies, it was one of those 'unwritten' rules!!

Thankfully those days are long gone - although I've been on a couple of websites recently where it actually stated that children had to be 'dry' before joining pre-school because they don't have changing facilities! :o

Maz

Just a thought about those of us (me included) who are in village halls........

Are your Village Hall Management Committees actually worried about nappies or are they really saying - all waste generated should be removed from site......

I am secretary for our hall and always ask that regular hirers remove their rubbish ....the only reason for this is that as a village hall/registered charity we don't pay any council tax....which is great - but the downside is that we get a very limited rubbish collection........

Further to that a 'smelly' nappy left in a bin inside a hall is just awful for other hirers.....

Thankfully those days are long gone - although I've been on a couple of websites recently where it actually stated that children had to be 'dry' before joining pre-school because they don't have changing facilities!

Really? I thought those days were long gone as well. Funny althoughI dont agree with it, never thought anything of it when mine were little. My youngest started in a Sept and I can remember getting him out of nappies over the summer so he could start, dont remember anyone telling me he had to be out of them.

• 1 year later...

I've resurrected this thread as I'm thinking we probably need one of these now as we have more children attending in nappies at the moment.

What companies are currently being used and what do you all recommend?

Sanitary Items are collected by PHS once a month arranged and paid for by our Village Hall

Nappies are doubled bagged and placed in outside bin for the normal bin collection.

So far no complaints - however we do get the blame for private hire groups placing nappies into the sanitary bins and us not emptying them, how I love our Village Hall Committee NOT :o

Yes, they have to be separate systems I think - although I doubt someone sorts through them for sanitary things in the nappy system. A bit obvious the other way around.

It's worth contacting PHS to see how much it would be, there are probably a few companies out there that do it so it may be worth 'shopping around'

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)