Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Continuous Provision

Hi everyone

Golly I love this Forum, its so so addictive. I can'tbelieve I'm on it at this time ha ha. Just a quick question. I have been looking in the forums about continuos provision. And getting a little confused. I mite be sounding a bit thick here, but IA undersrtand CP is what the children can access all the time i.e sand, water, collage etc. Ive noticed people have done seoarate planning for CP, which looks great. Are you displaying these up in the setting for mr/mrs ofsted to see or do you just file it. Tgere was a great example of one on using Playdough not so long ago.

Hope i have made myself clear

xx

' Are you displaying these up in the setting for mr/mrs ofsted to see or do you just file it.'

I need to do ours again, but we display them and show them to students, parent helpers etc, especially to give them pointers about language/vocabulary etc. It also helps to explain how the children are actually 'learning' through their play

p.s. I agree the Forum is addictive! LOL! :o

Hi Miss Pink - we have our continuous provision sheets on display and copies in 'planning file' too, staff have their own copies to help with observation recording - reminding them what to 'look for' etc.etc.

I haven't got all areas covered yet (sigh) another item for my summer 'to do' list then! xD:o

Hope that's useful!

Sunnyday

Ours are in a folder which is available all the time. We also have little laminated cards up by each area, with something like 'Whilst I'm in the book area I am also .....'

ours were on display for parents to see, staff to access and anyone else who asked what they were getting from 'just playing!'

we used to have one on a noticeboard with child pictures relating to the area which was regularly changed, so all were covered over a period of time.

we had ours in a book form too in parents waiting area

Inge

Hi misspink

I'm in pre-school so am in a very different setting to reception/year 1 and like sunnyday, my CP planning isn't yet complete for all areas (or in my case, even the majority).

At the moment it isn't displayed in the setting and I can't really see where I would do this as things are at the moment - we're a packaway group and this seems like another little job to do which all adds to set up time in the morning. That said, I'm probably feeling a bit negative at the moment - I really think all the staff could do with a little reminder about what is meant to be going on in each area, and of course MrsO and parents would benefit from seeing all this too!

Perhaps I'll add "think about how to display/communicate Continuous Provision planning" to my to do list...?

Maz

We have a large (A3) size one up for each week on our board.

We add to it during the week with written comments, sticky labels, etc. mostly of observations of the children and their interests.

Our EYA has suggested we view it as a 'working document' and we are aiming to do this.

We have a large (A3) size one up for each week on our board.

I've been mulling this over since my last post - I was wondering about having a different display board for each week and putting up photographs of children 'doing' what they're supposed to do in each area, if you get my drift.

Being a small group, there aren't that many areas so I think this would be a more manageable way of doing it and communicating with parents at the same time. Every parent loves to look at photos of their children, and if I can get a bit of theory in there at the same time, then I'm happy!

Maz

I have them displayed in my classroom laminated next to each area of provision - this is for parent helpers, students etc to refer to if they need to. I also have the same document in a file which I write all over as the term develops - what the children have changed or asked for in each area and how it developed - hopefully this will demonstrate to ofsted that i am taking account of the childrens ideas and building upon them (well hopefully anyway!)

x

At the moment it isn't displayed in the setting and I can't really see where I would do this as things are at the moment - we're a packaway group and this seems like another little job to do which all adds to set up time in the morning.

Have you considered using these? Put your continuous provision sheets in and they are easy to put out each day.It's a handy little site if you can think outside the box for your provision like baskets.

HPersplex display stands

Have you considered using these? Put your continuous provision sheets in and they are easy to put out each day.It's a handy little site if you can think outside the box for your provision like baskets.

HPersplex display stands

I love this website - I have something similar on our welcome table to hold leaflets for parents etc.

But these would need to be put on a table somewhere in the area and we have little enough space as it is. Also I think they'd get knocked off onto the floor every five minutes!

Am going to work on my display idea I think, and also have a look at how I can discreetly put the sheets so that they don't interfere with children's displays (like on top of our creative trolley, etc).

Have bookmarked the website though - thanks!

Maz

We use these, bought from my local wholesalers menu holders they are described there as, we put the children's photographs in one on the desk when we are celebrating their birthday ... i.e. today we are celebrating......... 4th birthday! We then write a short narrative on what the child did during the session on the back and this is put into their LJ folder, together with any photographs we have taken of them that day.

Ah my gosh you guys are absolutely brilliant.....thankyou all so much. Love the ideas of displaying them all in the waiting area for parents to see. And thanks Cait for the idea of writing itr in child manner. You have all really cleared my mind up. I love being in Early Years, and being Early years trained....sometimes i feel I should know more. But it just constantly evolves and keeps us on our toes hey? tHANKS ALL, and no doubt I'll be asking for more super tips.

xxxxx

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)