Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Hand Washing

Whst are your thoughts on staff hand washing after wiping noses.We work in a day nursery and in the Tods room for example there is no running water and washing your hands after wiping every nose would involve going in or out of 4 doors aprox 40 times a day.What do you think

:o

We have a squirty anti-bac gel (the no wash type) ....same problem no running water, and staff are in the habit of using it after wiping noses and other accidents - :o

Edited by Guest

one of our mums who is a nurse got us some small bottles with a clip on elastic so that we can fasten it onto our waistbands if it's a particularly 'runny nose' day! Don't know if we could buy them anywhere though, but they are quite handy. Otherwise we wash our hands.

We use the gel as an instant thing, but wash our hands when the opportunity arises. The hand gel can be a bit drying on your skin if you use too often without re-moisturising every now and then. We get it from Gompels

I think if you use the hand gel there is no need to wash your hands after every single nose wipe!

expecially if you have to leave the room to do it you'll never be in the room on some days!

I know you need to be careful but we have to be realistic

Jennie

Forgive me for being dense. But does the link you gave include the bottle or is it just the clip? And have I read it wrong or are 24 clips in each pack? I think I need to get back to work before my little grey cells fade to white...

Maz

I think that was perhaps the clip - I looked again and it didn't look like it was the bottle too, sorry

here's the sanitizer

I couldn't get their link to the safety data sheet to work though - if anyone else manages, please let me know!

Edited by Cait

I couldn't get their link to the safety data sheet to work though - if anyone else manages, please let me know!

I PMd it to you, but thinking about it I could just as easily upload the link and see if that works.

Here!

Seems to work - just checked!

Maz

Edited by HappyMaz

And have I read it wrong or are 24 clips in each pack?

Well I had a bit of an experiment to find out whether you needed to order 24 clips and 24 bottles, and the site let me order one clip and one bottle of sanitizer, right up until I checked out. Then I thought I may as well set up an account, and when I'd done that I was told they couldn't order less than £25 worth of goods, since they are a wholesaler.

So (bear with the hard of thinking here) do you assume that means you can order them singly?

Incidentally, to compensate for orders of less than £25, they add a £12.50 delivery charge up to £25. Delivery then costs £6.50 until you spend £65 when it is free.

Maz

thanks - you're a star

We use a disposable glove to wipe childrens noses and the pull the glove over the tissue and tie it and then pop it in the bin. If children wipe their own noses we ask them to pop them in a nappy sack and ten put them in the bin and then they use te cildrens anti-bac gel on their hands.

We use a disposable glove to wipe childrens noses and the pull the glove over the tissue and tie it and then pop it in the bin. If children wipe their own noses we ask them to pop them in a nappy sack and ten put them in the bin and then they use te cildrens anti-bac gel on their hands.

If you are wiping alot of noses, wouldn't this mean you get through an incredible number of gloves each day? :o And using a nappy sack every time a child disposes of a tissue? Surely if you have a bin with a lid, there is no need for this. xD

There is no way you can have as many children to see to as we do,and the waste not to mention the effect on the planet-I think this is a bit of overkill

A

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)