Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Whooooooooooo

beth1

I got the offical transcripts from college during my holidays. Which I opened yesterday to find out that I have passed the Foundation Degree Early Years!!!!!! I already knew that I had passed but its nice to see it on paper!

Now then cant wait until I get my BA (hons), nearly there. Although I am going back to work in September so can't go back to college. So I was planning on doing my GCSE's but I am not sure if the local ones will be full. So I am thinking of doing the BA (Hons) Early Years with the OU although I am not sure how the course works.

Beth

MANY CONGRATULATIONS BETH you must be thrilled :oxD

I can of course recommend the OU :( and I also know that the two courses you need to do for the BA (Hons) are KE312 (Working together for children)and this is a link to the description of the course

http://www3.open.ac.uk/courses/bin/p12.dll?C01KE312

and the other course (which I am just about to finish!) is EK311 (Early Years focus on research with children and young people) and here is a link to the description

http://www3.open.ac.uk/courses/bin/p12.dll?C01EK311

Both courses are OU level 3 courses and each worth 60 points. You need 360 for BA (Hons) but of course you already have the Foundation Degree.

If you are seriously thinking about topping up your FD to BA(Hons) with the OU I think the best thing is to give them a ring and explain your position - they do give credit for previous study but I have no idea how it works - I think they will need to see the course content of what you studied for your FD but they are very helpful and 'know their stuff'

If you are working and unable to attend college then distance learning sounds ideal - it is actually the very reason I started with the OU! I couldn't commit to college attendance at a regular time/regular day and the flexibility of distance study has been fantastic for me. I 'get it all in' somehow but when life/work gets in the way the study gets pushed aside and then I play catch up later!!

congratualtions,

I have just graduated and I worked for the three years it took me to do my degree. I attended classes in the evening, not sure if you know this is a possibility

Well done! I finished my foundation degree this year too- had a graduation with uni few weeks ago too which was rather nerve-wracking, even more so as Dr Tanya Byron is chancellor! I'm hoping to top up to BA (Hons) with same uni which means attending uni one day a week 9-5, though others continuing on a diff BA course are attending on a morning once a week, have you asked original provider what hours they would be expecting attendance for BA Hons?Good luck whatever path you choose

Well done! I finished my foundation degree this year too- had a graduation with uni few weeks ago too which was rather nerve-wracking, even more so as Dr Tanya Byron is chancellor! I'm hoping to top up to BA (Hons) with same uni which means attending uni one day a week 9-5, though others continuing on a diff BA course are attending on a morning once a week, have you asked original provider what hours they would be expecting attendance for BA Hons?Good luck whatever path you choose

I am working 5 mornings per week so the hours at college will not fit the hours in.

College is silly full time is 2 days per week 9 til 4 or part time of varing times i.e. they seem not to have given me any clues. There is no where else that does the course in the evenings as far has I can find out hence looking at the OU BA degree.

Beth

Beth

MANY CONGRATULATIONS BETH you must be thrilled :oxD

I can of course recommend the OU :( and I also know that the two courses you need to do for the BA (Hons) are KE312 (Working together for children)and this is a link to the description of the course

http://www3.open.ac.uk/courses/bin/p12.dll?C01KE312

and the other course (which I am just about to finish!) is EK311 (Early Years focus on research with children and young people) and here is a link to the description

http://www3.open.ac.uk/courses/bin/p12.dll?C01EK311

Both courses are OU level 3 courses and each worth 60 points. You need 360 for BA (Hons) but of course you already have the Foundation Degree.

If you are seriously thinking about topping up your FD to BA(Hons) with the OU I think the best thing is to give them a ring and explain your position - they do give credit for previous study but I have no idea how it works - I think they will need to see the course content of what you studied for your FD but they are very helpful and 'know their stuff'

If you are working and unable to attend college then distance learning sounds ideal - it is actually the very reason I started with the OU! I couldn't commit to college attendance at a regular time/regular day and the flexibility of distance study has been fantastic for me. I 'get it all in' somehow but when life/work gets in the way the study gets pushed aside and then I play catch up later!!

Thanks for the information. I am planning on ringing them up sometime over the summer holidays. I am not sure how much time the courses require each week on the basis of my disabilties. So thats something I have to take into account too.

Beth

Well done Beth. Like everyone else on here I am really thrilled that you have achieved your Foundation Degree. You have worked really hard and persevered come what may and who could ever do better than that.

Guest lucyevans

CONGRATULATIONS :o

I passed the Open University Early Years Foundation Degree too, with a distinction. Can't wait to get started on the BA (Hons) Early Childhood Studies now.

Lucy

CONGRATULATIONS xD

I passed the Open University Early Years Foundation Degree too, with a distinction. Can't wait to get started on the BA (Hons) Early Childhood Studies now.

Lucy

Well done Lucy, A distinction I'm sure well deserved. :o

Peggy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)