Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

I'd Really Like A Mug

I've already seen what PPP has said and she can't go back on her word. I have recorded her lack of interest in t shirts, for future reference. I never forget :o

Now what was the name of that person who has a mug, thinks that we are after it and then tries to butter me up?

Well I've just got back from a long walk with the dog. Hubby seemed to think I was a bit het up yesterday and needed to chill-don't know why???? Maybe it was the risk assessment I did on his Saturday night bottle of Speckled hen that did it.

I don't do teeshirts as I'm not built for them-hammocks yes-teeshirts no-all I ask for is a mug...did I say it loud enough???

not a tea cup, not a egg cup, not a serving platter, not a pyrex dish nor an oval roasting tin just A MUG

As you can tell I'm not a poet either so can't do limericks and my short term memory loss prevents quiz participation.I've been waiting for a competition in a skill I possess but there's not been one on turning a tight corner on a sewing machine or making the worlds best chocolate and courgette muffins! ( but I'm willing to bribe someone with one if it would help)

Edited by Guest

Now what was the name of that person who has a mug, thinks that we are after it and then tries to butter me up?

Oh my goodness me Jacquie who on earth would try to butter you up :oxD:(

I am suffering a severe dose of assignment writing avoidance syndrome today so I am happy to try and discover who this person is ... will get back to you if I track them down :(

<exits stage left whistling innocently!>

And the 2009 award for the most grovelling apology in the history of the Forum goes to.....

Geraldine!

I think it deserves an FSF t-shirt at the very least! :o

Maz

What a wise lady you are Maz and of course I second you suggestion that Geraldine deserves a T.shirt xD:(

My lack of interest in a t-shirt??? Was the t-shirt post aimed at me?

What has happened to this thread? I started with a nice simple question and it's turned into a battle ground. I did not read every post as it's a squabbling match and I have too much of that going on at work to want to be involved with it on here.

I like tea therefore I wanted a mug.

I'm not fussed on a pen or a badge as I don't wear badges and am particular with what pens I use. If I had a t-shirt I wouldn't wear it as I don't wear t-shirts with logos on.

Crikey what have I created!- think I'll get my own 'paint your own mug' and do a DIY job on it.

Crikey what have I created!- think I'll get my own 'paint your own mug' and do a DIY job on it.

Its amazing how we can turn one simple request into a huge debate isn't it? Don't turn your bag on the mug though, P3. Tea tastes so much better from an FSF mug! :o

Maz

My lack of interest in a t-shirt??? Was the t-shirt post aimed at me?

What has happened to this thread? I started with a nice simple question and it's turned into a battle ground. I did not read every post as it's a squabbling match and I have too much of that going on at work to want to be involved with it on here.

I like tea therefore I wanted a mug.

I'm not fussed on a pen or a badge as I don't wear badges and am particular with what pens I use. If I had a t-shirt I wouldn't wear it as I don't wear t-shirts with logos on.

Hey.......have you had a sense of humour bypass......we're only playing........read the whole thread ......you may find it funny! :o

Why is the man's head cut off in the t shirt and mug photographs? Is he some kind of fugitive, did he steal the mug and t shirt? Has Dublinbay run off on holiday with him?

If I clear up Dublinbay's house after the party there the other night - Mrs. T-W left a crate of newcastle brown ale - empties of course - behind the jacuzzi and I'm not going to mention where I have found the remains of the twiglet mousse, would I qualify for an FSF mug?

Why is the man's head cut off in the t shirt and mug photographs? Is he some kind of fugitive, did he steal the mug and t shirt? Has Dublinbay run off on holiday with him?

If I clear up Dublinbay's house after the party there the other night - Mrs. T-W left a crate of newcastle brown ale - empties of course - behind the jacuzzi and I'm not going to mention where I have found the remains of the twiglet mousse, would I qualify for an FSF mug?

Firstly, the man in the photo is Steve and he probably wanted people's attention to be focused on the t-shirt and not on any physical similarities to his Avatar! (that's me off his Christmas card list!). Secondly I very much doubt that he has run off with dublinbay on her holidays - otherwise there was no-one at home with the children last week when Helen was at the CFS conference!

But thirdly I'd say that the kind of generosity of spirit you outline in the last paragraph of your post would definitely qualify you for a mug (and if you could cure Mrs T's newcastle brown ale habit, probably for a t-shirt too!).

But then I'm not in charge of the distribution of either mugs or t-shirts. So what would I know? :o

Maz

TWIGLET MOUSSE!!! - oh how did miss that?

Panders do you know a handy man that could fix the chandelier.....I'm really feeling bad about that......if so.....you can take my place in the queue (that would make you second - behind biccy).......don't try fighting her for first place though....I'm stiill applying arnica to the bruises! :oxD:(

Maz how can we organise the covert raiding party to repatriate the mug if your inbox is full!!! xD It was never like this in the Eagle has landed :(

UPDATE

at 16:29 the mission was successful :o

Edited by Guest

at 16:29 the mission was successful :o

Sorry biccy - was out in the garden shaking the soil out of my trousers fresh from my tunnel digging exploits. Glad you managed to get the mug out undetected! I knew you wouldn't be fooled by that German officer telling you in English to have a good day. I'm impressed that you remembered the German for "I'm sorry old chap I don't understand English" and your accent is soooo good!

Now, are arrangements for its safe delivery in hand?

Maz

Excuse me, but as I know personally the man who write 'The Eagle has Landed' I feel I have the upper hand here. (Well sort of as he taught me for three years and said that I was an unusual, serious and creative girl :o ) I would also like to point out that the moderators, including Peggy who is 'worth it' do not have T- shirts so you can all get behind us in the queue.

Thought I'd put a post on here already but it seems to be missing. Just a quick note to say that I've sent Rodney and Dellboy Trotter round to Dublinbay's place to see to chandelier, they assure me they are quite professional in their dealings with such matters.

Should I get in the queue behind bruiser biccy, I shall make sure I cause a distraction and see if I can swipe and extra mug Sunnyday

Excuse me, but as I know personally the man who write 'The Eagle has Landed'

Now that is definitely a candidate for one of mundia's quizzes - what a great claim to fame!

I'm sure that an FSF t-shirt in XL would be far too big for you or Peggy. Much more suited to my frame than yours, I think! :o

Maz

Danke für das Darlehen der Zangen Maz. Der Rasiermesserdraht war gefährlich. Unterstützung 15 im Tunnel ist achtgibt bitte unsicher. Ein kleiner Schritt für biccy als riesigen Fortschr1tt für Kinderbetreuung.

ps My cousin's child is called Jack Higgins :o

Edited by Guest

Danke für das Darlehen der Zangen Maz. Der Rasiermesserdraht war gefährlich. Unterstützung 15 im Tunnel ist achtgibt bitte unsicher. Ein kleiner Schritt für biccy als riesigen Fortschr1tt für Kinderbetreuung.

Sorry old chap, I really don't understand German. Aarrgh! :o

Maz

I'm sure that an FSF t-shirt in XL would be far too big for you or Peggy. Much more suited to my frame than yours, I think! xD

Maz

I wish.... Peggy is gorgeously petite but as for moi the XL would do fine. As you can see I am married to Captain Birds Eye ( who has been mistaken for Father Christmas as well :o by a young child) post-1195-1247415811_thumb.jpg

Sorry still feeling in holiday mode so hijacked this thread a little, and we were celebrating our 40th anniversary slightly in advance.

ps My cousin's child is called Jack Higgins :o

Fancy that. Jack Higgins real name is Harry Patterson.

Fancy that. Jack Higgins real name is Harry Patterson.

Not Harry Palmer then? Oh no, that's a different film! xD

Happy anniversary JacquieL! Perhaps someone will send you and Captain Birdseye a t-shirt each to celebrate! :o

Maz