Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Can You Believe This?!

sunnyday

Honestly, I am fast becoming Mrs Angry of Kent!!!

Have just rung Ofsted to inform them that a staff member has a confirmed case of Swine Flu - on the advice of my EYAT.

I have owned and managed my pre-school since 1989.......young man at Ofsted told me that they do not have enough of my 'details' on their system to allow him to talk to me - WHAT.......

I totally understand about data protection but......there is no-one else......no committee........nothing, no-one,na da!

He said I need to send some more personal details ...... date of birth, home address, phone nos., email, previous surnames (only my maiden name!) - this is crazy - of course they have all this in their system.......oh and I can't email this info. because they need to ....and I quote....'have a look at my signature'!

After all of this he said "so I won't be able to deal with your query today"....... I said "I'm not ringing with a query, I need to inform you that a staff member has a confirmed case of Swine Flu".... Mr O. "Are you still open"...me "Yes we are working closely with the HPA and on their advice we have not closed".....Mr O. "I see - well Swine Flu is not a notifiable disease - but I will pass the details on" - aaargh........

This is all annoying enough in itself - but what if I had been ringing with a query................

Sunnyday

Madness.

It seems very hit and miss at Ofsted. We called last week to check something and got one answer (which included 'we have no record of your letter') from one person, then a totally different answer from another (who weirdly DID have a record of our letter).

Personally I now take the full name of the person I've spoken to and make a note of the time and date we had the conversation.

Hope it all works out for you sunnyday, don't let the b******ds grind you down.

I think they have some sort of competition for who can be the least helpful to the highest number of people while appearing to have their hands tied behind their back by the blessed data protection act.

I wonder what sort of prize the winner gets. Remember the 'That's Life' Jobsworth award?

absolutely not!!! I email my signature to them these days too - honestly - the world has gone mad!

So does this mean that you are not registered by Ofsted then, and you can please yourself, if they don't have any details about you or your preschool?

absolutely not!!! I email my signature to them these days too - honestly - the world has gone mad!

So does this mean that you are not registered by Ofsted then, and you can please yourself, if they don't have any details about you or your preschool?

I thought that too Cait - bet they would soon find my details if there was a problem :o

How do you email your signature?

I am no longer suprised at Ofsted......I think the whole corporation is 'satisfactory'!

I would go for inadequate :o

How do we complain about Ofsted - write to Mr Balls I suppose!

Well......I don't think I have the energy!!!

i have my signature scanned into the computer as a picture file - they've been getting it for a few years now. I worried at first that it could be used for nefarious purposes, but I suppose it's easy enough for anyone to do, scan your signature and paste it onto stuff.

Dont think ofsted no what the other hands doing at the moment

after childminding for 23yrs and hubby being my assistant ( got proof of that ) back in march when mrs o came she said you are going to be cross with ofsted they dont have hubbys details

i had to fill in dc2 i believe and then got a crb form to fill in, I filled it in sent it back 3wks on got a letter saying I had not sent any of the forms back to them , I rang them had a slight disagreement, they said they would send more forms

would you believe the very next morning hubbys enclosure arrived crazy

Hi Sunnyday, had the same problems recently. Got told by County to contact Ofsted with regards to issue regarding staff member. Contacted Ofsted to be told that only Committee member could talk to them. Committee member called and was told that Ofsted don't need to know, unless the issue was regarding a committee member. Next day Ofsted call with an urgent request to talk to committee member about issue regarding staff member. 4 telephone conversations to do what 1 could of done!! mrsW.

xD:(:( That's me ....laughing hysterically!

Just in from work.......open my post.......and what do I have...........an invoice from Ofsted....addressed to me and sent to my home address .... so that would be the same name and address that they had no record of yesterday!!!

Couldn't possibly let them get away with that! :o

Have just rung and spoken to a different Mr Ofsted - who confirmed that yes of course they have all my details!!! Full of apologies - he can't imagine why this has happened.

Would loved to have told him how I think it happened - words like incompetence sprang to my mind.......but I was very restrained and 'laughed it off'!

Sunnyday

P.S. £25.00 - do they think I'm made of money! :(

Edited by sunnyday

nothing surprises me with them any more...

it has never been right

at one time when they checked all staff, they had none of mine on their records, despite having CRBs returned, though I had that sorted when they rang to check staffing, then they had only one of my staff on the list and had names I had never heard , oh and wrong chairperson , she had been in place for 3 years by then!

they then wrote telling me I could not work with children and must have no contact with them as I had not responded to their requests... what requests ? not heard from them for over a year! In error the letter was sent to all settings apparently..

and 1 year later I got the same letter...

this is as well as the lost forms for committee, some they had, others they declared never arrived... all in same envelope! 9 months to clear committee.. hey half had left before that...

and I could add more and more...

at least they would talk to me suppose I had a slight advantage...

and when I was missing something I would write and add while they were there, it was commented on on report and marked down.

hey ho nothing changes does it.

Inge