Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Im Bricking It!

Hi all

Well got interview this aftrnoon for pre-school assistant job,. This i th on I visitd about 2 month ago and thought wa excellent. I went for a look round to be put on their bank staff but thy did say there may be a job going in sept so im assuming it is for that!

Ive ony ever been interviewed a couple of times for assistant (one as novice but got the job, second came down to last 2 candidates but other girl qualified!).

Anyway swotting up on equal opps, inclusion, behaviour stratgies etc etc and getting into a tiz with it all!! The interview is only for 30 mins!!

Aaahhhh! Getting that sick feeling in my stomach........i wasnt this bad for th ast one i went for!

any advice???

Still not heard about the TA job in Foundation Unit at school I went for and closing date was wed last week :o think this wil be my last chance of a new job for sept. Will lt you know!

Good Luck Marley, when i interview i always ask about what knowledge they have of EYFS and Every child matters....

Just take a deep breath ...... good luck have you tried rescue remedy for the nerves, just a couple of drops on the tongue, works with some people.....

As well questions about EYFS etc I usually ask why the candidate has chosen childcare as a career (please don't answer as one girl did 'well I really wanted a job in accounts but there were no vacancies advertised in the paper') and I also ask what qualities they feel they could bring to the role and what they think is important for working in a team.

Good Luck!!!

Edited by valp59

you have been doing the work over the last year, using eyfs, and recently done course work and qualifications... you will be fine... just take a deep breath, they must have liked you to ask you for an interview, good luck

Inge