Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Child Permission Slips

Guest cheryl3

Guest cherylbetts

Hi, I am new to this so I am sorry if I am doing it wrong...

Basically we need to update a few things within our setting one of them is:

Child Collection Permission slip - for any child that is being collected by someone other than the parent - does anyone have any ideas?

Thank you.

Cheryl

Hi Cheryl and welcome to the forum.

This forms part of our registration form.......and then if anyone else is to collect parents have to write this info. in 'daily contact book' - we are a very small rural pre-school. I would imagine that some of the 'larger group owners/managers will come along soon with other ideas!

Anyway welcome and congratulations on making your first post!

Sunnyday

Hi Cheryl and welcome to the forum, congrats on making your first post. We have a section on our registration form for nominated persons collecting the children other than a parent, i.e. these tend to be family or very close connections. If, say, another parent is picking a child up because they are going for a lunch or play date, the parents then fill in an extra form, stating who, when, why kind of scenario, this is kept on record in the register. If there is an emergency situation and a parent hasn't been able to complete form beforehand, we take as many details as poss over the phone about the person picking up, fill in the form ourselves and get parent to counter-sign a.s.ap.

You beat me to it! yes, that's what we do too. Parents give us a list of people who may collect their child, but if something unforseen comes up they ring us and we give them a password which the person collecting must tell us.

We have a child collection book where the parent writes down who is to collect their child giving contact details etc. We get the collecting person to sign the child out.

Maz

Guest cherylbetts
Hi, I am new to this so I am sorry if I am doing it wrong...

Basically we need to update a few things within our setting one of them is:

Child Collection Permission slip - for any child that is being collected by someone other than the parent - does anyone have any ideas?

Thank you.

Cheryl

Wow this is brilliant, can't believe the response I got so quickly! Thanks everyone - I am half way through my level 3 - so look out I will be back!!

Thank you again,

Cheryl

hi Cheryl,

we have a collection book which parent signs in the morning giving permission - it's just an excercise book with lines ruled down fo child's name, date, who is collecting and parent's signature. we also have general collection information as a registration form. if they ring us we ask for a description if we don't know the person and we fill in the book ourselves. we don't ask them to sign it later - maybe we should. also I think I will start using passwords, it's a good idea folks, thanks.

Hi. parents who are asking someone else to pick up their child fill in a daily book too and we ask for the persons name and ask them to bring photo ID such as driving licence, passport etc... to verify who they are, we have probably took it to an extreme but that way there is no confusion over who is who and they too sign book to state they collected child. This i thought would be met with moans but has been welcomed by all parents when the reason is explained, similary we have some parents who are friends who say that mom has phoned to ask them to collect their child last minute as they running late, we telephone to speak to parents to confirm this and at one point i wouldnt let a child go with this particular parent even after 20 mins until i had spoke to mom, she totally understood.Hope this helps.