Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

What Will You Be Doing This Weekend?

Upsy Daisy

The forecast is pretty good. Are you having a BBQ?

After a wet weekend in Wales in our caravan last week I'm looking forward to some sunshine.

I'll be clearing out some the outside toy store and putting some on Freecycle, trying to write an assignement on managing an early years setting (indoors because I won't be able to see the laptop screen in the garden) and hopefully doing a BBQ lunch on Sunday for friends we haven't seen for a year.

What are you looking forward to?

Looking forward to spending some time with my husband for a change (even if some of it is painting the garden fence) - he had to write my name in his diary so he wouldn't double book himself!

Also got a H&S training course tomorrow to get out of the way!

Edited by Guest

Looking forward to spending some time with my husband for a change (even if some of it is painting the garden fence) - he had to write my name in his diary so he wouldn't double book himself!

What a great tip - I'll remember that one!

weekend away.. just been told.. Exeter , where we spent a lot of time before we were married as I lived and worked there..... but weather forecast not too good for sat... just pack the waterproof...

Inge

I did put my name in husband's diary and he still double booked me! For next weekend and admittedly it was work not him - I think he has sorted it out now. This weekend it is paperwork tomorrow and hopefully something nicer on Sunday, but that probably means the weather will be rubbish by then. Have a good weekend everyone.

Saturday - taking boys to football in morning. Getting new tyres for car as MOT due next week. School fete in the afternoon (why do I always get roped into running a stall?) Washing, washing and more washing. Finishing off updating profiles etc for work.

Sunday - taking eldest son to work. Doing shopping on way back. Fitting new tap on sink (just arrived from Ebay and the instructions assure me it's easy!!!). Rest of the day in the garden,weather permitting, tending my rapidly growing veg plot. Oh and a BBQ in the afternoon.

More paperwork (boredom threshold permitting)

Lots of other things to do but they can wait!

Sally

weekend already started dropping children off at various events and picking them up later, husband away working all weekend and youngest son taking part in football tournament on Sunday morning (9 a.m.) Not happy, its usually dads job but he is conveniently working!!! Oldest playing golf tomorrow and wants to go shopping tomorrow too. Youngest going to party, you get the picture. So what will I be doing this weekend, "This weekend I'm going to be a Taxi Driver!" mrsW

Starting off on a three weeks holiday visiting friends and family around the UK, also including a peaceful week (just two of us) on the Isle of Harris in the Outer Hebrides. Tomorrow driving from Dorset to Kent to meet up with Son and Fiancee (who became engaged at Easter) for a celebration meal. Sunday, driving as far as Carlisle.

after the week i have had i am sleeping till at least two in the afternoon tommorow, then im going to see my boyfriend and we may go to the cinema, where i will eat copious amounts of ice cream and put myself in a sugar induced coma until monday morning, when the roller coaster of a week will re-begin.

Dawn

Oh is it the weekend already :oxD

The days have all rolled into one this week and I don't know what day/time it is, not sure I can remember my name!

Got struck by lightning last weekend (not me the house!) the 'indoor fireworks' were interesting but no real damage thankfully but from then on the week went from bad to worse.

An 'external agency' (how tactful is that!) made a catastrophic error in terms of lack of communication which could have had serious consequences for a child. Thankfully it didn't but I am still trying to get my head round how/why they did what they did as I truly believe there is absolutely no excuse but as for this weekend I think I need to try and tell my brain cells to stop going round and round - any tips on how to totally switch off - answers on a postcard :(

I think I need to try and tell my brain cells to stop going round and round - any tips on how to totally switch off - answers on a postcard :o

Not very successful in that field although a good walk in the Brecon Beacons last week did a pretty good job (after the rain stopped)

I hope things look up when you switch back on!

I started the weekend in style by seeing Chicago at the Birmingham Hippodrome tonight. Hence the reason I am still awake. It was fantastic!

I hope everyone has a lovely couple of days and that we all see lots of sunshine!

Edited by AlisonP

I've got a suprise 40th birthday party for a friend who is 39! He is apparently worried what we will do next year so we are doing it this year! :o

Then on Sunday off to Garenders World Live - soooo looking forward to it - have spent more time in the the garden this year than muching around Garden Centres so next a huge fix of garden shopping tomorrow! xD

Oh and sleep to make up for last week -and yes the one morning I wanted to lie in, I was awake as bright as a button at 6am - why couldn't I manage that during the week?!

Edited by Guest

I've been up since 6 ish. The birds in the tree outside my window woke me as they always do. :o

I'm off to an OU tutorial today.......probably won't be home till late afternoon and then its the garden for me. The lounger to be exact. where I can watch hubby do the garden!!! Don't you just love gardening!!!!! :(:(

Got up to date on my learning journey folders and any other paperwork so my weekend is FREE!!! Working on my tan before I go on holiday in 4 weeks time so it's serious business now.

Hope everyone enjoys their weekend whatever you do! xD

This weekend I am going to try and break the back of a mass of paperwork and reports for nursery!!!!!!!!!

HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(not really hooray.... just a hopeful hooray)

Tomorrow my daughter and I are doing our 8th and 9th race for life!!!

Was hoping tomorrow for a grey but dry day, but the forecast looks like sunny and HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its been an awful week, one I am sincerely glad to see the back of!!

Oh and I almost forgot today I also get my wedding ring which has sat on my finger for almost 24 years cut off (the ring not the finger) due to some infection in my knuckle and the fact that I have fatter fingers than 24 years ago!!!!!!!!!

Also getting my Mums engagement ring cut off my finger.............. it too has suffered from fatter fingers than when my Dad gave it to me on the day of my Mums funeral almost 9 years ago........................

Edited by Scarlettangel

Struck by lightning! How scary is that!!!!! Everything ok?

Yes thanks Cait everything is OK :(

It was scary to say the least but over very quickly.

The 'fireworks' resulted from electrical and phone socket being 'blown up' :o The bang was SOOOOO loud and then it was literally like watching huge sparklers going off inside!

The only 'damage' was no electricity, no phone and of course no internet :rolleyes: The electric supply and phone were restored fairly quickly but my router was damaged beyond repair. BT sent a replacement on Monday but it has gone astray, it's hanging around in Darlington somewhere and cannot be traced beyond there - so if anyone is in that area and sees a BT parcel it's mine!!! They condescended to send a second one out yesterday but enough is enough - I have been without access to FSF since last Sunday xD so obviously have serious withdrawal symptons. I managed to read one PM in hubby's office the other day but that's all. Bt said earliest delivery would be Monday so another weekend with no FSF or so I thought. Last night hubby came home with a new router :( he deciding buying one would be better than a weekend with me and no FSF :wacko: xD The BT replacement is free and the latest super duper version but this one is OK and does the job so I am happy :(

Looks like my weekend is going to be as exciting as ever!!

Have already ironed for 2.5 hours, mainly the holiday clothes. unfortunately the holiday is now over and most of them will be put away for next year, unless of course Northern Ireland gets a freak heatwave again! This time could we have it when I am NOT in sunny Spain!! xD

Have already had a run in with my 6 year old son regarding the freeview aerial - he decided to pull it out of the freeview box to see if the regular aerial could pick up RTE!! That ended up in him being sent to his room, seeing as he managed to pull the aerial lead right of the metal gadget which plugs into the connection at the back of the freeview box. I have now fixed it and woe betide him if he even sniffs near it!!

Am now taking a break from the ironing for 5 mins while hubby has now taken my son out for a walk down to the atm.

As for the rest of today it will be more ironing, cleaning etc. Hubby has suggested going out for something to eat but my IBS is playing up, so will decide later.

Tomorrow I am working in tesco from 1.30-10pm, so I will have the pleasure of watching everyone pull up on their motorbikes or towing their caravans, walking past the window with their 'instant bbqs'!! Have they seen the weather forecast?? it gives rain with thunder and lightening for the weekend here!

Hubby has just arrived back with my son and has bought him silver sweets flavoured like coca cola which will probably break his teeth!!! Have just mentioned that he isnt allowed them and got told "well if they sell them in shops, I dont see what the problem is. Surely they don't sell things that could harm children in any way"!!!! :( Men!!

Thankfully I have convinced my son that he shouldnt be eating them as they are very bad for his teeth and full of E nos and he threw the last 3 in the bin!!

Me thinks a padded cell would suit me better this weekend!! :o:(

Tomorrow my daughter and I are doing our 8th and 9th race for life!!!

I hope your Race for Life goes well and the weather is a bit cooler for you. Lots of luck with it. 8 & 9 years is really fantastic so well done for making such a valuable contribution!

You must feel a llittle sad about having your rings cut off. Presumably you will have them made a little larger. I had to do that with mine :o

Guest MaryEMac

I have just spent the day with my 4 yr old granddaughter. Her brother was playing in a football tournament and her mum was at work so she came to us. We went to town this morning and in Somerfield I picked up a basket, but she said @ no Nana,I want a basket I can pull'. Luckily she didn't knock any displays over or run into strangers. She got really excited when we saw her pre-school leader.

Once home, we had a girls only picnic outside with my daughter and that is where we stayed for the rest of the afternoon. Her dad and brother picked her up about 5 pm and they were very hot and very tired and very cross because their team was knocked out quite early. :o Last week their team were runners up at another tournament in this area.

Tomorrow I think will be a mountain of ironing followed by a visit to my father-in- law at his care home.

Mary