Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

I Feel Like Screaming

Hi everyone,

I feel like having a good old screammmm so thought I would do it here. Usually I am quite a good 'plodder' and usually get everything I need to do done! However this week has been awful and I feel like I am sinking in quick sand. This is how my week has panned out so far.

My eldest son (13) has been accepted into a boarding school which he is thrilled about, only he starts in 3 weeks and I have a kit list longer than my arm, so have been on the phone ordering his uniform and scouring the shops for all the stuff he needs. My youngest daughter (8) has a granuloma (sp) which has come up in her left ear, so had a hospital appointment today, basically she failed her hearing test, the granuloma keeps filling with blood and running down her neck (she feels no pain), the doctor has ordered an emergency CT scan this week to ensure that the granuloma isnt attached to anything else that will affect her hearing if cut out, if the scan is clear then she will be admitted next week to have it removed under a general. My eldest daughter (15) has given me the gift of a £300 phone bill, which I only found out about when I tried to use the phone to order copious amounts of uniform for eldest son and realised my phone had been blocked and was only unblocked when I handed over the equivalent of a small mortgage! My daughter ,then accused me of never listening to her, so that's why she needed to phone her friend in Dubi, which of course was a mobile! However there is such a thing as Karma, as she was accusing me of not listening she tripped on the stairs and twisted her knee, so a bag of peas and nurofen later she is feeling very sorry for herself and has promised to hand over her small allowance for like ever! My choccie lab is finding the heat unbearable and is panting for Britain, so I am having to give him a cool sponge down every half hour.

On top of all the above I have two new members of staff to train, school transfer forms to write, leavers parties to organise and school visits to staff. I have three assignments and a reflective journal to hand in by the 27th July.

Tonight I thought I would have a relaxing bath to calm me down, as I filled the bath it leaked into the kitchen below, which fused the lights Ahhhh, so have an emergency repair to sort tomorrow and an insurance claim to file, to top all this off, I asked my estranged husband (I am a single mum of four) if he would contribute towards son's uniform, he told me sorry no cash at the moment...funny that he is off to Cuba shortly.

Sometimes I wish I was a drinker!! Sorry for the rant, but getting all down and out has made me feel a little better.

Claire x

Claire I can only send you a big virtual hug - you're certainly going through the mill at the moment!

I'm glad it feels better to have got it off your chest - hope you feel a bit more positive about life tomorrow after a good night's sleep!

Maz

Wow! Claire! I bet you feel better after getting all that off your chest!

Goodness sounds like a right old week so far -- surely it can only get better. Sending virtual hugs and some spare towels for mopping!

Oh dear! Arent children lovely? £190 my bill from son phoning girlfriend from Spain.

I have a friend whos estranged other half has the same kind of bank balance, so you're definitly not alone there either.

Hope the rant has helped, it often does. And tomorrow is another day :o

Oh Cupcake! It never rains but it pours.

Parenthood is never easy but this does seem more than your fair share.

I hope your rant helped and that you can get your head round what to deal with first. I hope that coping with all of this is appropriate fodder for your reflective journal. It certainly shows your management skills to be in good order.

I think it is probably a good job you are not a drinker - you might never stop.

This would be hard enough with a supportive partner so give yourself a pat on the back for coping without one.

Oh and perhaps your daughter's friend in Dubai will need to phone her instead for a while.

Good luck and virtual hugs ,

I wish I could be of more practical help!

Alison x

That's tough! Hope things get better soon.

However, I am curious--boarding school in 3 weeks, where are you?

Hi Susan,

I am in Somerset, the boarding school is boys only and starts in year 9, they have been full until now, so my son will join in three weeks until the end of term, so he can make friends with his year group, so in Septmeber when he is year 10 he will feel more confident.

Thankyou everybody for your kind comments, hopefully I will weather this storm and get through it all, fingers crossed.

Going to blow out my candles now and go to bed.

Claire x

Edited by cupcake

Just to say I have an ex who has the same bank account type as your ex. Funny that!! Wonder what it's called, I could suggest a name for it; maybe that's a whole new thread lol!!

Hope your week gets better - I'm sure it will!

Poor you - it never rains but it pours as they say! Can I just say, I have never given my children contract mobile phones. They always had pay as you go and understood that they got that topped up a certain amount each month. When all their credit had gone, they either had to stump up the cash themselves or go without!! They soon learnt how to ration their texts and calls. :o

My advice is to prioritise what needs doing and don't beat yourself up if it doesn't all get done in time! xD

I thought my day was bad until I read you rpost....whereabouts in Somerset Claire, that is where I am...I am very close to two very lovely boarding schools. :oxD

Hope you are feeling better today. :(

I thought my day was bad until I read you rpost....whereabouts in Somerset Claire, that is where I am...I am very close to two very lovely boarding schools. :oxD

Hope you are feeling better today. :(

Hi Shirel,

Its Brymore Near Cannington

Claire x

ooo that is a bit farther afield than where I am (about 50 mins away)...but I have heard of the school, a friends child went there and a neighbours and it is very nice, your son will love it.

ooo that is a bit farther afield than where I am (about 50 mins away)...but I have heard of the school, a friends child went there and a neighbours and it is very nice, your son will love it.

He can't wait to start, are you close to Sidcot school?, thats a lovely school but a bit pricey.

Claire x

Hi everyone,

I feel like having a good old screammmm so thought I would do it here. Usually I am quite a good 'plodder' and usually get everything I need to do done! However this week has been awful and I feel like I am sinking in quick sand. This is how my week has panned out so far.

My eldest son (13) has been accepted into a boarding school which he is thrilled about, only he starts in 3 weeks and I have a kit list longer than my arm, so have been on the phone ordering his uniform and scouring the shops for all the stuff he needs. My youngest daughter (8) has a granuloma (sp) which has come up in her left ear, so had a hospital appointment today, basically she failed her hearing test, the granuloma keeps filling with blood and running down her neck (she feels no pain), the doctor has ordered an emergency CT scan this week to ensure that the granuloma isnt attached to anything else that will affect her hearing if cut out, if the scan is clear then she will be admitted next week to have it removed under a general. My eldest daughter (15) has given me the gift of a £300 phone bill, which I only found out about when I tried to use the phone to order copious amounts of uniform for eldest son and realised my phone had been blocked and was only unblocked when I handed over the equivalent of a small mortgage! My daughter ,then accused me of never listening to her, so that's why she needed to phone her friend in Dubi, which of course was a mobile! However there is such a thing as Karma, as she was accusing me of not listening she tripped on the stairs and twisted her knee, so a bag of peas and nurofen later she is feeling very sorry for herself and has promised to hand over her small allowance for like ever! My choccie lab is finding the heat unbearable and is panting for Britain, so I am having to give him a cool sponge down every half hour.

On top of all the above I have two new members of staff to train, school transfer forms to write, leavers parties to organise and school visits to staff. I have three assignments and a reflective journal to hand in by the 27th July.

Tonight I thought I would have a relaxing bath to calm me down, as I filled the bath it leaked into the kitchen below, which fused the lights Ahhhh, so have an emergency repair to sort tomorrow and an insurance claim to file, to top all this off, I asked my estranged husband (I am a single mum of four) if he would contribute towards son's uniform, he told me sorry no cash at the moment...funny that he is off to Cuba shortly.

Sometimes I wish I was a drinker!! Sorry for the rant, but getting all down and out has made me feel a little better.

Claire x

Hi i,ve an ex to who things the maintance of what he gives which barley covers the school dinners for month is to include sons pocket money as well ! Good job he,s got mum like me who see he don't go without :<)