Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

June 2009 Competition

Beau

After last month, when I promised a slightly easier ride, I am definitely making this one a little easier! :(

Over the next four weeks I will be posting some quiz questions to answer - one batch a week. There will be 30 questions in total, each one relating to a date in June. I am hoping that some will be really easy and others a little trickier, but all should easily be found with a quick search on the internet. :o

Please do not post the answers in this thread or send me your answers until I have posted all 30 questions. When I have posted all 30 questions and you have worked out the answers, pm them to me. The closing date for entries will be the 30th June.

If there is more than one entry with 20 correct answers the names will be drawn at random. The winner will receive a cheque for £20 and there will be the usual FSF mug, badge or pen on offer for the runner up. xD

First lot of questions!

1st Marilyn Monroe’s Birthday - What was the name Marilyn Monroe was baptised? (Not the same name that appeared on her birth certificate!)

2nd Coronation of Queen Elizabeth II - In which year did the Queen celebrate her Golden Jubilee?

3rd Astronaut Edward White becomes first American to ‘walk’ in space - Which Apollo mission was the first manned mission to land on the moon?

4th British suffragette Emily Davison throws herself under a horse - At which racecourse?

5th World Environment Day - What is the theme this year?

6th D-Day - Where did the landings take place?

7th Full moon - How long approximately is a lunar month?

The closing date for entries will be the 30th June.

Note to self: in order to avoid any embarrassing or irritating diary malfunctions, need to remember that...

The closing date for entries will be the 30th June. xD

Can someone remind me nearer the time please? :o

Maz

Well I'm already struggling.......I read question 2 as 'second Coronation etc. and thought WHAT - she had two!!!!!

Why did I just confess to that?!!!

Will really try and enter a competition for the first time!

Sunnyday

STOP PRESS!!

As an added incentive Helen has very kindly donated an extra two prizes! So one main winner, and three runners up. Every opportunity for you to win something sunnyday. xD

The two extra prizes are

Faiths & Festivals, by Christine Howard et al (Practical Preschool publication) and

Traditional Activities around the year, by Sara Stocks (Practical Preschool) :(

By the way Maz, that's 30th June this year. :o

really? I'm amazed! we got a cheque for £104 last quarter for our online shopping and searching by parents and staff. I'll get you the link

here you are

You can shop online with 600+ well known retailers at www.easyfundraising.org.uk, including Argos, Next, Amazon, John Lewis, Boots, Vodafone, M&S, Play.com, Debenhams, Travelodge, eBay and many more. Just use the links provided on the easyfundraising site whenever you make a purchase and up to 15% of the price will be donated to any good cause you choose to nominate - at no additional cost to you!

Edited by Cait

Your wish is my command!! xD (Just pretend this is Monday :o )

8th World Ocean Day - Which is the third biggest ocean in the world?

9th Johnny Depp’s Birthday - Johnny Depp made his film debut in which film?

10th Ball point pen patented - László József Bíró was the inventor of the modern ball point pen. In 1950 the patent was bought by someone else. What was the name of the pen produced?

11th Premiere of E.T. - Which famous actor played the school principal in a short scene which was cut from the final movie?

12th Anne Franks Birthday - How old would Anne Frank have been this year if she were still alive?

13th World Nettle Eating Contest in Dorset - What is the name of the pub where this takes place?

14th Flag Day in the United States - How many stripes are there on a US flag?

Next set of questions. :o

15th Signing of the Magna Carta - Magna Carta is Latin for what?

16th Royal Ascot - What is the name of the horse Frankie Dettori is riding in the Queen Anne Stakes?

17th Rudolf Nureyev asks for asylum in France - What was the name of his long standing dance partner?

18th Battle of Waterloo - What year did the Battle of Waterloo take place?

19th The Statue of Liberty arrives in New York - Bartholdi made a bronze model of the statue first. Whereabouts in Paris can it be found?

20th Nicole Kidman’s Birthday - Where was she born?

21st Fathers Day - Kelly Osborne’s famous father was the lead vocalist for which band?

22nd Wimbledon - Who was the last British man to win in the men’s singles at Wimbledon?