Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Fundraising

Couldn't see one so stuck it in here!

I'd be ever so grateful if you could share your most successful fundraising ideas with me as we are trying to raise tons of moolah for a new building. Also any good ways to get parents involved/to attend fundraisers, most of ours don't want to know!

Thanks

ppp

The two things that have made the most money for us are a quiz and chips night and a summer fair, between the two of them we made just under £1000 :(

We are lucky as the village hall we are in has 2 rooms so we always have the summer fair straight after the friday session (1pm) so the parents have no choice but to take the children lol xD we always have the lucky jar stall which is always the first thing to sell out, raffle squares, hamper raffle, lucky ducks etc. This year the staff thought that "Soak the supervisor" was a good idea :o but i've changed that to soak the staff :( we always get the children to make things that we sell to their parents on the day as well, last year is was decorated pebbles for £1 each and this year all the children have done small canvas prints which will sell for £2 each so hopefully it will be a good fundraiser :(

Hi, we have a fantastic fund raising committee.

The things that seem to have worked best this year are a 'ladies mamma mia night' where they showed the film and then did disco/karaoke until midnight. Sadly I missed that one.

Then an indoor car boot sale went well, and we even managed to raise some money at the opening of our new garden by having plant and cake stalls.

I think the secret is to see everything as a fund raising opportunity.

Also, don't forget about applying for grants.

Also, look for sponsorship and local businesses to give you freebies. We probably saved about £800 when we built our garden just from donations etc. from local companies.

i haven't done this but heard about it and thought for the right person it could be a winner. BUY/sponser A BRICK! :o this way you can ask whole families to donate money per brick and get local firms to sponsor too as long as you give them publicity through the local paper or a plack (not on each brick!!!) don't know how much each brick would need to be but you could cost it out for all of the works needed and go from there as well as you usual findraising events!!

We are - a 3 year old called me a 'loser' today because I only did 200 bounces to her 4 or 5 hundred!

sorry PPP we're hijacking your thread again

Edited by Cait

That's okay Cait - it's all good reading.

We tried the buy a brick idea debatwrittle and we made a loss.

More ideas please.....................................

ppp

The nursery my girls went to did a buy a brick fund-raiser type thing. They built a wall out of their hollow plastic bricks at the side of the room. Hidden within a certain number of bricks there were cuddly toy penguins that they had got free from somewhere. Children bought bricks and put a sticker on them. When all the bricks were sold they took the wall apart to see who had won the toys. There was certainly no chance of losing money, as the whole lot was free!

One popular fundraiser that our committee repeated was a ladies night. They had various jewellry, make up, candle, kitchenware tables, which were charged at some flat rate per table. Some of these offered extras such as make overs, massage, weight and diet advice etc throughout the evening. There was wine, cheese, crackers, chocolate fountain etc. I seem to think that entry was by ticket only, but I can't remember how much they charged. One of our wonderful fundraisers did a fab job collecting raffle prizes from local companies, as well as loads of samples. (Shampoo, conditioner, body lotion, chocolates, candles etc.) which she used to make up small goody bags for everyone to take home. We made quite a lot of money and everyone enjoyed it very much!

Another easy fundraiser is raffling off hampers. Again, ask for donations from local businesses as well as parents. We did Christmas, Valentines and Mothers Day hampers at various times. We always had at least one really good prize, such as dinner and a nights stay at a hotel. Then it's just a simple case of selling as many tickets as you can. :o

I also set up a 100Club. It didn't make a heap of money but was regular income every year for very little effort.

we do a sponsered bean grow - children plant a runner bean in cup take it home get sponsres- then meausre on given date - collect monies - not too much work for us either.

another is sponsered look andfind - draw approx 12 easily found objects - leaf, flower, piece of wool,and best of all include £1 coin - children are sposered to find all the objects - and then you also have the £1 on the card as well - only need to draw one sheet then photocopy and send home.

We do a Jumble Sale every year - the only outlay is the hire of the hall.

You just need lots of volunteers to help advertise, collect jumble, set up, sell, tidy away afterwards.

Our last one in Feb raised over £1000

what do you do with the stuff that's left at the end?

We have an annual 'I Can Do' sponsored physical event where children take part in a variety of activities.

This year we had challenges such as; jumping through hoops! star jumps, kicking a ball into a goal, bean bags into buckets,

throwing & catching a ball to each other, crawling through tunnels, balancing on stepping stones, bunny hops, jumps etc. all carried out within our usual morning session.

Great fun and everyone can take part at their own level! This year so far, we have raised almost £550. In the past we have

raised £980!!! It costs absolutely nothing as we use the resources we already have. Children received a certificate and wrist band (thanks to sparklebox) and the child who raises the most money is given a prize (approx £5 in value).

hope this helps

dottyp

what do you do with the stuff that's left at the end?

We give some things that look of any value to a local charity shop and we managed to find a car boot dealer who comes with a big truck and they give us £50 for the lot!! they probably make a fortune from it but it gets it out of our way!

• 3 months later...

We organise a few events over the year - a quiz which is quite popular because we are situated within a FE college. We usually have a sponsored pancake race and then we do something in the Summer, either a Summer Fete or a sponsored event. Back in July we raised nearly £900 doing a sponsored toddle, followed by a bouncy castle and food.

However, we have just set up a webshop, it's a genius idea, you don't have to do a thing other than advertise your shop for people to go through to purchase items on the Internet. It doesn't cost us a penny and it doesn't cost those purchasing through it anything additional either. Win, win in my book. :o

Here's the link to the info from Sure Start regarding this....

http://www.dorsetsurestart.gov.uk/Files/Fi...).pdf?navid=371

The website is called www.buy.at , all you have to do is register and distribute the email address to everyone you know and then get everyone you know to pass it on to everyone they know....xD The site even provides you with ready made leaflets and posters for you to display with the URL of your webshop printed on.

Hope this helps someone on here make some money for their provision. :D

Edit: I forgot to say.......We set our account up about 2 weeks ago and have already made about £4.50 in commission.

Edited by NickyR

We do 2 fund raisers each year - one at xmas with refreshments and a raffle and jar tombola. We ask parents to donate raffle prize and jar for tombola. Jar is filled with choccies usually and decorated - some lovely parents make several with their children. This usually gets us £150.00

At easter we do a sponsored obstacle course using our large play equipment and give out sponsor forms - this is tied in with our easter fund raiser where we do refreshments and have various stalls such as face painting, make a card/mask, sieve the sand, aim and throw game, hook a frog game. This one usually nets us nearly £700 most of which is from the sponsorship.

Have not tried it but when kids were at school one of the most successful fund raisers was an auction where parents donated a lot - some people did a service eg a hairdo from a hairdresser and others did case of wine, book, tickets for local attraction that sort of thing. Held in the evening with a glass or wine to make things move along and a good auctioneer they raised a few thousand so worth considering.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)