Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Operational Plan

Can people tell me if there is an exact list anywhere of everything you need to include in your operational plan.

Thanks

Can't say I've ever known one. Some people used to say it was a range of documents which made up the operational plans, others just one document into which you put things like your child/adult ratios, who the members of staff are and their qualifications, a section which very briefly explains your daily routine. I haven't heard of a definitive way of doing it. A couple of years ago OFSTED Inspector asked if I had an operational plan and I showed her our single A4 sheet of paper and she was more than happy!

I couldn't see in EYFS any requirement to have an opperational plan as such - but perhaps I have missed it?

So I have made a new file with what I have done of the SEF, policies and procedures, master copies of all forms and a daily plan. I have also added a sheet at the front listing all the documents Mrs O would want to see and where they are kept so other staff can get them if I am not there.

I am just determined to keep it simple.

Gruffalo2

there was a list on here a while back - i'll see if i can find it

Hi i was looking for this very peice of information and if you go in to the archive i was given the info of setting out the plan in the 5 every child matters out comes there was a sheet at the beginning of each section highlighting what should be in each outcome i adopted that idea Marshie.

• 2 months later...

can anyone msg me or repost the 'making a positive contribution' please - i keep getting an error message when i try to open the file aarrggg !! i have the others and and going to make a start on our OP -this will make it so much easier !

Cait, can i pick your brains - do we put the actual forms we complete into the operational plan or blanks with the location of the forms noted down ? - for example daily checklists? as this is a doc thats completed daily do we keep the working doc in the operational plan or blanks or the completed ones at the end of the week ? sorry a bit of a ramble -its getting late !

Well mine's a mix of both. I have the actual policies in there as it's a good a place as any! Things like accident forms, registers etc are just blanks with notes to where the 'real' ones are. I've got a copy of the ofsted report and the SEF and stuff, in fact the ringbinder is over 2" thick full of paper!

Hope that helps - I have it down the road and can get it tomorrow if you need more info

Here's one of them - there are a few errors in here I noticed when I read through it, but it may be of some use. It's not definitive but it's a start. Try a forum search for some more

Thanks for that Cait ....and for the reminder that I need to add yet another job to my summer 'to do' list!!! :(xD:o

Cait, I managed to view some, but not all of the ECM Operational Plan files. Is there any chance you could re post them, as most are coming up blank for me. I thonk from what I have seen so far that they are terrific, and I would love to adapt them for my setting.

alternatively, have you posted them on the resources section, or would you be willling to email them to me?

Many thanks

Edited by eyfs1966

For what it's worth this is the index for our ops plan

Welcome info

Awards setting holds - usual stuff quality standards etc.

Latest ofsted

Brochure info which includes principles, aims, session arrangements, curriculum and long term plans, staff team info, fees stuff

Policies

Curriculum planning examples - medium, environmental and short term

Session routines and staffing

Safety arrangements - eg fire drill stuff, risk assessment stuff

volunteer helper info

Setting resources and learning through play stuff (eg generic resources and how we use them to promote learning)

Example of settings keyperson scheme and learning journey

Right - they are re-saved as pdfs

I do need to re-state that they are not mine originally - they came from someone on here I think, but they were of great use to me, hopefully to someone else, thank you if they were yours

Edited by Beau
To remove attachments

The original post containing these can be found here. BrendaS was the member posting them.

Because of the way they are formatted, it may appear that the first page is blank, but if you scroll down you should get the 'meat' of the content! :o

Please can I remind members that they should only upload documents that they have themselves produced, even if they think they are on the forum somewhere. It is better to do a search and link back to them, so that the original poster gets the proper credit. This way, if members have further questions about them they can be directed to the original poster. For this reason I am deleting the copies uploaded in this thread.

Many thanks! xD

Thanks Beau, I did try that first but hadn't come across it and thought it was just easier to re-upload them

No worries, I know you were just being helpful. However, we do have to respect the fact that someone has taken the time to produce and upload documents to the forum, and make sure that they are credited correctly. :o

• 5 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)