Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Administrator

Hi, This is my first time of using and hopfully i won't make to many mistakes.

Is anyone else an administrator in a pre school setting. I feel quite alone and could do with a chat.

Now all i have to do is post this. :o

Hi and welcome.

We are not lucky enough to have an administrator so most of the admin comes my way on top of everything else.

Al

I am paid for my role and have nothing to do directy with the children. Its a full on job and work 30 hours a week just doing this. I believe that our borough would like more administrators in settings.

Would you have one if you could?

I am paid for my role and have nothing to do directy with the children. Its a full on job and work 30 hours a week just doing this. I believe that our borough would like more administrators in settings.

Would you have one if you could?

Like a shot if finances allowed :o It would mean that instead of spending all day today in the office I could have spent the time up to my armpits in glue and glitter xD:(

Seriously though, it would allow me to spend more time with the children which is where I want to be :(:(

Most definitly. I do all our admin. Yesterday I was off for a funeral, today I was on a course all day, tomoorow I will have to spend all day catcjing up on stff- which really means Iwill have spent virtually no time at all with the children this week, if we employed someone to do this then ....... oh what bliss. I cant see us ever having the funds. We are now having to pay a bookeeper, and as cheap as she is and as little as she woks it's still had a huge impact on or finances

Would I like an adminstrator - well ...............I would think I had died and gone to heaven!!!

But it's a case of 'in my dreams' - finances would not allow I'm afraid.

Welcome to the forum - as most of us deal with our own admin. we will have plenty of ideas to share I'm sure.

Sunnyday

If I'm honest I'm not sure I'd like one, I'm too much of a control person to hand all the admin over to someone else. I think the way my role is going I shall end up as the admin just covering the odd shift here and there as I go nearer to retirement. My husband retires in 6 years and I don't fancy full-time working if he's gadding about all day!

Cait - I can't believe it - I have told my husband that he can go and measured for one of those orange aprons (B&Q) if he even thinks about retiring. He would be perfect for the role - he could wander about boring people to death with his DIY knowledge!!!

Admin. versus Children - no contest!!!

Sunnyday

Edited by sunnyday

Hi, This is my first time of using :(

I am soooooo sorry :o I got so excited at the mere thought of having an administrator I completely overlooked the fact that it was your first post and I didn't welcome you - oops xD so to make up:

HI and WELCOME TO THE FORUM :(

Admin. versus Children - no contest!!!

Sunnyday

I really don't mind the admin - it's more predictable than the parents - that's for sure!

Hello and welcome. I am a pre-school Administrator - paid for 10 hours a week, work for an awful lot more hours (like most staff who work in pre-schools!). Although I help with children on occasions if short of staff, my days are mainly taken up with all sorts of paperwork - and my house is overflowing with the stuff! I have picked up so much useful information from using this forum, it's been a great help. Is there anything in particular you need to chat about?

Wow- Thank you all so much for your replies.

I have no real issues at the moment but its so nice to think someone is out there willing to give advice.

Our seting is a busy one and we all work over and beyond the call of duty,as you all do.

I glad i have made a posting. Look all the time at the site but never had courage to write anything.

Thanks again. :o

Guest MaryEMac

Welcome to the forum. I do most of the day to day paperwork, not too sure if I would trust someone else to do it. Probably because I've been doing it for over 20 years now. Also the playgroup can't really afford one.

Mary

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)