Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Good Upbringing?

I have 2 grown up sons and sometimes they do things that make me wonder if how we've brought them up is right. Then out of the blue they do or say something that makes you realise that you haven't been such a bad parent after all. This afternoon I received a text off my youngest to ask if him, his partner and her baby could drop in on their way back from holiday. They arrived armed with presents which had been chosen with thought. For my husband a large canvas photograph of a sailing boat at sunset which is now hung in the conservatory and for me a willow collection angel of freedom. When told they shouldn't my son hugged me and said but Mom you're always there for us and this is how we can say thank you. A box of tissues later, I realise he's turned out all right. He's 19, in full time employment and supporting his girlfriend who has a baby from another relationship. I'm a really proud Mom. :o

Aren't they great - I asked my son when are to go to Carlisle to meet him off his train from Edinburgh (at the end of Uni term) and he said - 'Oh I think I'll go to Nana's first (in North Yorkshire!) to have a look at her PC 'cos she's having problems.' So that means that he's been keeping in touch with her too and is happy to go and help her out - off his own bat!

Aren't they great - I asked my son when are to go to Carlisle to meet him off his train from Edinburgh (at the end of Uni term) and he said - 'Oh I think I'll go to Nana's first (in North Yorkshire!) to have a look at her PC 'cos she's having problems.' So that means that he's been keeping in touch with her too and is happy to go and help her out - off his own bat!

As a 'nana' I just have to say that is just lovely - what a good boy!

Sunnyday