Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Flu Pandemic And Ofsted

sunnyday

Hi all - Here in sunny Kent - we have been given a folder of information entitled 'In an Emergency'.

Thought I should read advice re. Pandemic Illness and guess what I found...........

Pandemic Illness - Item 3 - 'Owners/managers/supervisors/committees and governing bodies should consider the pandemic issues and infection control in day to day management. For example:

*Review existing plans and initiate

*Review staffing regularly and have plans in place to manage for possible staff shortages

*Suspend all visits or excursions that increase the possibility of exposure to the virus

*FORBID NON-ESSENTIAL VISITORS

and so on and so on!

So you can see where this is leading...............

Wonder what would happen - it would hardly be sensible to have Ofsted inspectors trailing from setting to setting would it?!

Sunnyday

I am preparing a notice as we speak, No Ofsted Inspectors for fear of possible contamination (anyone want a copy!) mrsW

Germ carriers amongst all those little children - defintely part of new infection control procedure!

I spot a little niche market here: I have invented a new product called SPLATT-O! Its basically an adult-sized fly swatter with which to beat off an advancing Ofsted inspector as s/he walks down the path towards your setting. Masks are optional, and available in co-ordinating colours.

My marketing strapline is:-

"SPLATT-O! Keeping the swine at bay!"

Maz

Catchy! I could see that catching on actually!

I'm going to be Sir Alan's next Apprentice, don't you know? :o

My LA have sent me the DCSF's flu pandemic advice by email this afternoon - I shall try and read it later and see what it says about unnecessary visitors.

Maz

post-1195-1241858178.gifpost-1195-1241858178.gifpost-1195-1241858178.gif

Now that is just genius, Jacquie! You and Beau have the coolest smileys - where do you get them from?

Maz

Edited by HappyMaz

I have texted the EYQISP team to tell them (as Sunnyday suggested) that their visit is non-essential - especially in light of the information I got from them yesterday - I'll let you know if there's a follow-up!

I spot a little niche market here: I have invented a new product called SPLATT-O! Its basically an adult-sized fly swatter with which to beat off an advancing Ofsted inspector as s/he walks down the path towards your setting. Masks are optional, and available in co-ordinating colours.

My marketing strapline is:-

"SPLATT-O! Keeping the swine at bay!"

Maz

Maz - I think you are definitely onto something here - I anticipate great demand for this new product!!! May I be the first to place an order - I quite fancy purple if possible!

Sunnyday

I have texted the EYQISP team to tell them (as Sunnyday suggested) that their visit is non-essential - especially in light of the information I got from them yesterday - I'll let you know if there's a follow-up!

Cool! - Here's hoping!!!

Sunnyday

We could all write to Ofsted telling them to stay away from us and talk to each other instead.

Then maybe they could all agree on what they want us to do. Now that would be novel!

Hey - now that sounds like a good plan to me!

Sunnyday

Now that is just genius, Jacquie! You and Beau have the coolest smileys - where do you get them from?

Maz

I just google for what I want. It is amazing what is out there. I couldn't find different coloured masks for your poster though :o

I just google for what I want. It is amazing what is out there. I couldn't find different coloured masks for your poster though :o

Love it - perhaps I should only make the Ford model of SWATT-O. Any colour so long as its blue...